I am ready to choke someone

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by warpig, Aug 18, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

Damn I hate lazy stupid people who get jobs dealing with the public.

Around the beginning of July I started the process of registering for college. One of my first stops was in the Registrars Office to talk to the Veterans Affairs person (non vet).

I found out I had zero benefits from the GI Bill (I knew that) but the State of SD would give me free tuition for one year for being a vet. Super, Great, Fine and all that stuff. So I filled out the paperwork on the spot and gave them a copy of my DD214. This is the first week in July. I waited a few weeks and called them to see if it was approved. I left 4 messages during July and never was called back. Last week in July I went back and talked to them. They had lost my paperwork and the lady (non vet) I was talking to ahd no idea about the program or how to apply for it. She was going to call or email me in a couple days to let me know what was going on.

Well I never heard back from her so I called the SD Dept of Veterans Affairs, this is who the school was supposed to send my application too so it could be approved or disapproved. The fellow there (vet) told me about the program and said the form the school had me fill out and was outdated and no good anyway as the program had changed. It sounds like I will get up to 3 years free tuition now:) he mailed me the forms right away and I had them on August 4th. On August 4th I had to take the new forms to the Veterans person at the school again. I gave them to the proper person (non vet) and they assured me they would get them processed and sent in.

Today I get the bill for my tuition:( No deductions for free tuition:( I called the SD Dept of Veterans Affairs and asked if they ever got the new paperwork. No he(vet) has not seen them and had been watching for them as he remembered my problem.

I drove to the school today and went in to see the Veterans person (non vet). They were not in and would not be in until 1:15pm. This was at 8:30am. I left and came back 3 times in the next 2 hours asking to see someone. They took copies of my new paerwork 3rd set and put it on her (non vet) desk. I told them the desk was a black hole and my papers would be lost. They laughed but I was not joking and they could tell by my attitude.

Now I was really pissed off because I was doing all this on crutches and trying to carry stuff at the same time and it was 100 deg outside and the handicap parking was closed for street repairs and I had to walk 3 blocks to get to this damn building each time I went there.

I left again and cooled off. Got back there at 12:30pm and parked in a chair in front of their help counter. I kicked my legs out in the middle of the floor and my crutches also, pretty much blocked off the whole room. I told the lady behind the counter I was not leaving their office until I got to talk to someone who knew what was going on and was going to help me.

She left and in a couple minutes and had the lady (non vet) I had talked to way back when they lost my papers. She had no idea who I was even though I had left her a zillion messages on her voice mail and been in her office and talked to her in July and on August 4th. I explained the WHOLE damn story to her and she goes over to her filing cabinet and pulls out the damn paperwork I had filled out in July that SHE LOST.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I was ready to CHOKE HER. I mean I was pissed. As I was telling her those papers were OBSOLETE as the program had changed and we now needed the papers (shouldn't she know this?) I gave her on Aug 4th. She dug around and found them:mad: :mad: These are the ones that were supposed to be sent in right away:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I was not a gentleman and I was not polite. I even asked her if she was going to be responsible for my tuition since she obviously refused to do her job so I could get the benefits that are DUE to me. I gave her the address, phone number and fax number of the SD Office of Vets to send the papers to. She said she had the info but I wrote it down and made her staple it to the papers. I was so mad I was ready to start swinging theose damn crutches around and clear out that damn office. As I left she was faxing the papers:) and the staff in the outer office was quiet as a church mouse as I left, thought one of them did get up and hold the door for me.

I hope someday that fat pig faced ***** will get whats coming to her. If I was a few years younger I would be plotting a very dirty nasty revenge but I am supposed to be older an mature now. Maybe a nice written letter to the Board of Regents explaining how incredibly incompitent and lazy she is will get her ass in a sling. It will have to be a big sling!

Now the school wants me to pay my damn tuition before school starts and the damn paperwork for the free tuition is just now getting started.

I swear that lady is going to hate me and her life if this costs my one penny or another bit of headache. I will pay her a visit every damn day I get near that building she hides in overloadeing the A/C system cooling her fatt ass as she sits in the chair and screws over vets.

Who in the heck would ever hire a non vet to be the veterans adviser anyway. Maybe a letter to the Governor is in order.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  2. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Piggy, did you ever THANK her?
  3. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Damn, warpig.

Sorry to hear about your problems. But that's one of the best rants I've seen in quite a while.
  4. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Piggy, my son ran into a similar situation when he got out of the Army and tried to get the GI Bill paperwork done at one of the universities here in MS. He ended up backing off that semester completely and getting a part-time job, which led to him getting a full-time job, and now he still hasn't gone back to school yet.

It must be a job requirement that anyone a university hires to handle vet benefits must be absolutely and completely incompetent. :rolleyes: :mad:

Gotta agree with Sniper, though .... that's one heck of a rant. :eek: :D
  5. warpig

warpig Guest

Everytime I dealt with her I was POLITE and a GENTLEMAN and said thank you and please, except for yesterday and even yesterday I started out nice.

I still want to throttle her.

My wife thinks I should go back there today to check and see if she got it done right.

I would love to go in there and start swinging my crutches and clear her desk and shelves:):):):):):):):):):)
  6. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Sorry to hear about the problem, Piggy. You are a better man than I. I would have put out her running lites!
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I had a similar problem when I applied for work at the local community college. After about 3 trips in, when the advisor said he didn't believe my copy of the DD214, I went to the local Vet Aid house (volunteer group for VN vets and others.) After explaining my problem I was asked to return the next day. When I got back, there were 7 (!) ex-GIs, in BDus, bloused boots, medals and scarves, waiting for me. We went in together, in squad formation, to meet again with the advisor. He allowed as how my DD214 was acceptable.

I didn't get the job, but it was sure fun. :D

Pops
  8. warpig

warpig Guest

I like that armedandsafe:):)

All my belly aching did some good. They now have two more people working in that office just to deal with the vets. They are both students who are vets and have been treating me polite and with the respect anyone deserves.

Best part is they are actually doing some work. One of them explained to me how backed up they are, obviously due to one lazy person.

My one year free tuition should be applied to my bill on Monday.:):):):):):):):):):):)