I am stuck, PLEASE help me!!!

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by GoodOl'12gauge, Sep 18, 2008.

1. GoodOl'12gauge

GoodOl'12gauge New Member

I have to choose between a springfield xd .45 acp, a glock 17, or a taurus 24/7 pro 45. Which one should I choose. Ive heard good reviews on all 3 but have no clue which would be best.:confused:
  2. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

Why choose buy all three.... I'd shoot each one and pick the one ya like the best, ya can always buy another. Been there done that, still doing that.
  3. GoodOl'12gauge

I wish I could but Im low on spendin money. It costs alot to own a farm and pay taxes on it.
  4. kevinleif37

kevinleif37 New Member

the taurus is one of the few i have not shot, but having lots of experience with the XD and Glock:

XD is very accurate and well balanced, but i hate how the (left hand side) slide locking switch sticks out-it felt sharp and chewed up my left hand's thumb to where i didn't want to shoot more then 50 rounds at a time...

Glock was accurate, but pretty much snag free by all means, plus you can use higher capacity mags then what the model is supposed to have (unless you live in some state like hi, nj, ca...etc)...

i'd say glock, but again, i haven't shot the taurus yet
  5. GoodOl'12gauge

Im left handed, do you think the xd side lock would bother my hand?
  6. stetson

stetson New Member

Let me help and bring it down to a either or pick.Ditch the taurus it's not in the same league as the other two handguns.My personal favorite is glock 17 this pistol is awesome,this brand is used by a good number of police departments across the U.S.that says plenty about it's durability to me.They are priced reasonable but most
    complaints are grip angle which causes most people buy springfield xd.You will be happy with either one and the great brand debate will continue.
  7. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Throw all three out and buy a CZ. It's all steel, rugged, reliable, accurate, and it will still be around for your decendents to use in decades to come. Plastic is what plastic is....It deteriorates over time.

LDBennett
  8. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

I have owned both an XD and Glock. I loved the feel of the XD, but when it came to shooting reloads it was very picky. With that said, I still have a sub-compact XD and a full sized Glock model 17. If I had to pick one it would be the Glock, but it depends on the feel in "your" hand. Good luck.
  9. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

I know I was being a smart @ss earlier but I was serious about shooting all three first then make your decision. The biggest surprise I got was when I was drooling over a Kimber. Was starting to get serious about saving some coin to get it (wasn't cheap). As soon as I picked it up and held it-- I knew there was no way, it just does not feel right in my hand. I like the looks, its a good gun, but what good is it if I bought it and did not like shooting it. Every gun I buy has to work for me, I either can borrow one from a friend or rent one at a range. Hold em, shoot em then make your decision.
  10. GoodOl'12gauge

The xd feels better in my hand than the glock and id rather have the power of the .45 acp.
  11. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

Every time I have held and or shoot an XD I was impressed. In fact the XD40 that I shot had to be one of the best guns I have had the pleasure in some time.
  12. Ursus

Ursus Active Member

As PPK said. It's always agood idea to "test drive" a gun before buying it.
  13. BillP

BillP New Member

Ref. the reload situation.
    I reload a lot of .45 ammunition and mostly I shoot bullets I have cast myself which is by far the most economical way to do it. Even if you buy lead bullets they are still much cheaper than jacketed bullets. Personal experience has shown Glocks to be very inaccurate with lead bullets. This is because of the "polygonal" rifling. Additionally, Glock warns against using anything but jacketed bullets.
  14. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Sounds like you otta' put a S&W M&P 45 in your hand. ;) Oh yeah, then shoot one at the range....;);)
  15. Shellback

Shellback New Member

Couldn't have said it better myself LD;)
    Tim