I am very proud, My new turkey recipe was a great success. Details inside.

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by Remington597, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

A gentleman at work who is an avid chef recommended that I try something new this year, so I thought I would give it a shot.
    We got our Butterball, (about 10-12lbs.). Here is the recipe.
    1. Get some high quality virgin olive oil and paint the turkey with it, make sure you get every crevise and the interior cavity as well. Make sure also that the interior foil lined baking tray is also nicely saturated with the olive oil.

2. Dice up some celery into very fine bits and sprinkle it into the base of the baking tray with the olive oil.

3. Sprinkle an ample amount of Sage into the base and also onto the turkey as well.

4. Get some Kraft FAT FREE Zesty Italian Dressing. Pour half the bottle into the base of the cooking tray. Saturate the turkey on top with the remainded all over the bird.

5. Bake at 325 for 4.5 hours exactly, with foil on top of the turkey firmly enveloped. Rotate the turkey pan every 45 minutes.

6. After 4.5 hours, reduce temp to 225 and bake for another 1/2 hour. shut off oven a let turkey remain there for another 1/2 hour.

7. Serve with J.Lohr or Berringer white or zinfandel.

8. Serve with mashed potatoes and peas. and some cranberry on the side.

9. THE BEST TURKEY I HAVE EVER TASTED!!!! SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Sounds great Remi!

Why dont ya post this in the recipe forum soz we can keep up with it....Looks like something I'd like to access later.

~Crpdeth
  3. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

Can you move it for me.? thanks.
  4. rosierita

rosierita New Member

:eek: that sounds good!

i agree that this needs to be in the recipe forum. :D
  5. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, Remmy!:)