I attended my first IPSC/USPSA Competition shoot tonight

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by Pow ba te Pow, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Pow ba te Pow

Pow ba te Pow New Member

Wow, that looks like a lot of fun. I was an observer, checking it out. I got lucky and found a local group a few miles from my home that meets every week:

http://tbspc.org/

There were about 20 people, mostly men, mostly LEO, all very nice. At age 43, I was one of the youngest there. Some of them had really nice guns. My small SIG 239 9mm will get me started, but I'm already thinking of getting something with a longer barrel, and more firepower. It's only money ;)

I have everything but the belt and some clip holsters. I plan to attend next week. I think I just found a new way to spend my money and time :D I'm really looking forward to it. They all said it's very addicting. Looks like a good addiction to me.
  2. artabr

artabr New Member

They are right about it being addictive. It's a blast and the shooters are a great group of people.
    The shooting sports are about the only sport that I've seen, where your competitors will go out of their way to show you how to beat them, AND, cheer you on while you are doing it ! ;) :D

Thats why I love the sport of shooting. You won't find a better group of people. ;) :)

Art
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Every week? Nice. Around here, groups have a match once a month. Of course there are enough groups that you can shoot every week. :D

Yup, it can be addicting. But it is a GOOD addiction.

That SIG will do just fine.
    Let us know how your first match goes.
  4. Pow ba te Pow

Pow ba te Pow New Member

I'm all set to go now. I picked up a good belt, magazine holsters, and a better gun holster. Should be fun!
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Be sure and let us know how it goes, Pow... Sounds like a blast!

Crpdeth
  6. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Welcome to Action Shooting! It is fun! I started IPSC 10 years ago & still enjoy it immensley. After 7 mos, I bought a Dillon 650 & loaded 13,000 rounds my first year. No 12 step program needed here...:rolleyes: