I bought the SKYY pistol any way!

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by gdmoody, Sep 7, 2009.

1. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I read a bunch of reviews on the Skyy 9mm pistol over the past few days. Some of them were pretty bad and some were fairly good. I went ahead and paid $150 for that new one I was looking at, at my local candy store, on Saturday evening. I took it to the range today to see just how bad it really was.

Before the first shot was fired, there seemed to be problems with it. I had read that it loved oil so I took it apart and gave it a quick looking over and a good lube job before starting. That is where the problem came in, I could not get it back together properly. I took it back apart and together a few times, trying to figure out what could be wrong. I realized that "stupid" here did not put the take down pin through the barrel link.

When I finally got the pin in right, it did finally fire and fire and fire. The accuracy is not great at 15 yards but it fed everything that I put through it. I shot 115 grain round nose, Berry's 115 grain hollow points, 124 grain Gold Dot hollow points, 115 grain Silver Tips, and some of my cast 124 grain lead round nose. It had no failures of any kind with about 200 rounds fired. It does have a heck of a recoil because it is such a light pistol but I am pleased with it.
  2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Hopefully, they have solved their early problems with the safety going on while firing.

I wish everyone in the firearms industry, who conducts business in a responsible manner, success and prosperity.
  3. ARB

ARB New Member

You, bought it new for $150.00? That's half off from what I've seen. Hey, good for you.
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Yea, my friend who owns the gun shop, said that he bought 10 of them a while back and sold 9 pretty quick so this one has been laying around the store for a while. When I went in early last week looking for an inexpensive 9mm, he told me that he would let me have this one for the $150 just to "get rid of it", so I took it.

He said that he had paid $200 for them, he was selling them last year for about $250. I buy a lot of stuff from this shop so I guess that he was just keeping me a good customer.??
  5. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

Keep it clean, see if the feed ramp needs polishing, keep it oiled and shoot, shoot, shoot.

For $150 sounds okay.