I bought this Godawful ugly thing...

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by Zigzag2, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

AntiqueDr
    (5/1/01 11:46:40 am)
    I bought this Godawful ugly thing...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    and cant wait to sell it. A Franchi LAW-12 shotgun. Currently its sitting on the rack next to a 700BDL in .17 Rem and a Browning Superposed. Looks like a dog turd in a rose garden.

Going on GB right now, starting at $495.

It's all LTS's fault.

Purveyor of Fine Firearms to the Enlightened Few
    www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (5/1/01 12:11:01 pm)
    Re: I bought this Godawful ugly thing...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Neener, Neener.....neener. Hope it don`t breed, caught my SPAS12 warmin up to my favorite custom 10/22....had to put it in a seperate room, without supper. LTS

AntiqueDr
    (5/1/01 12:44:30 pm)
    Question, LTS... What is the knob on the muzzle supposed to do? Is it a thread protector? If so, what goes there?

www.apaxenterprises.com

Rons Toys
    (5/1/01 12:48:43 pm)
    When those guns first came out they had different chokes tube including a spreader tube that was suppose to lay out a horz pattern.
    Ron

LIKTOSHOOT
    (5/1/01 3:55:48 pm)
    RT`s right, you have the thread protector, but to find out for sure...remove it, some are inverted choke tubes. The spreader attachment looks like a oversized flash hider, cool design...lays the shot out in a string...kinda like dropping extra BB`s in the barrel of a BB Gun....remember what that looked like when you shot it? A string...one behind the other.....This is refered to as a "DoorBuster Attachment" Makes short work of steel doors and locks using 12ga. frangible heavy shot payloads....it will cut a 3" diameter hole through 3/16" steel plate, blow a solid steel deadbolt or heavy hinges out at two feet....Nasty! LTS

Rons Toys
    (5/2/01 5:38:21 am)
    I have a friend here who has a USAS12 that he is going to sell. I have a buyer but he wants to trade and the guys only looking for cash. It's unfired, with 3-20rd drums,2-10rd stick mags and a laser mounted on it. Needs the ATF stamp.
    Ron

AntiqueDr
    (5/2/01 10:03:50 am)
    If the gun is not already registered, isn't it too late?

www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
    (5/2/01 11:00:12 am)
    The end for these was MAY 1st 2001, if it was not registered prior....better find a deep hole or a deep lake. The BATF allowed plenty of time and used this time to track dealers who sold these. Dig-bury-leave. LTS

Rons Toys
    (5/2/01 1:10:01 pm)
    It's OK he get the letter from the ATF 2 or 3 years ago. I guess some people just didn't want to do the paper on them, well looks like they will be getting a visit from the ATF now. They better now have them now and can tell them who they sold them to.
    Ron

RBTHNTR64
    (5/13/01 10:57:45 pm)
    Deadline for Streetsweepers and such
    Notice I got said 20May 2001

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/13/01 11:23:41 pm)

Re: Deadline for Streetsweepers and such
    WELCOME RBTHNTR64!

Tac