I can't believe I was double tapping the Astra today...

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/25/01 5:35:44 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All I can't believe I was double tapping the Astra today...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shot the pig again today...actually practiced some double taps and reloads with it...IPSC Espanol, anyone?

... the safety still sucks, actually faster to use the left hand to work it than shift the grip...and that heel clip release sucks too, interferes with seating the reload quickly, and is a bear to release with any speed, and the mags don't drop free...

BUT am actually getting used to the trigger...if you treat the "creep" as "slack" and take it up while gathering the sights after recoil, you actually do get a nice break for rapid fire....with of course the occassional AD while you are getting used to it.

Is there ANY leather that fits it? Too big for the pocket, nothing else I have fits it, hate to just keep jamming it into the waistband like some bad guy from a Bond movie...
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/25/01 9:41:27 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: I can't believe I was double tapping the Astra today...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a lot of Spanish military and police black leather holsters available on the surplus market at good reasonable prices. You might try SARCO, I believe they had some. They are the flap-over variety, with a spare mag pocket either on the front or side.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

the real fredneck
    (11/26/01 11:41:03 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: I can't believe I was double tapping the Astra today...
    polishshooter
    be careful of those AD's putting it in your waistband, we wouldn't want you going around half-cocked

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/26/01 2:44:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: I can't believe I was double tapping the Astra today...
    WOOPS! Daddy sang tenor and momma
    sang base!
    Charlie D