I could really use your help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dedlegs, Jul 12, 2011.

1. dedlegs

dedlegs New Member

I used to know all sorts of reloaders. I have 2 young grandsons that I would like to build cartridge boards for as a present and something to remember me by. I have been trying to locate someplace that will sell me just 2 each amo and bullets, NO Primers for as many rifle and pistol shells a I can get. I purchased a bullet remover and have taken apart a few rounds already however I need plenty more. I'm looking for 50cal, 44/40 45/70 308s etc. Can anyone help me? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
  2. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

Cheaperthandirt.com has dummy 50 cal rounds. They also have dummy 20mm rounds as well.
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Let us know exactly what "bullets" or cartridges you want or need and I am sure some one or several people will help you. I would be glad to load you up some dummies (without primers) if I knew what you needed.
  4. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I'll second Mr Moody, post up what you're in search of and I don't mind loading up a few if I have them on hand.
  5. pkcgbifaid

pkcgbifaid Member

I can get my hands on several different chamberings... the 50 BMG I don't have access to and the 44/40 is not something I think we have laying around. But a lot of others we have laying around. I too will offer to load you up some if you let us know what all you are looking for.
  6. medalguy

medalguy Member

dedlegs pm me your information. I have some .50 inert rounds I made up for a display with my Jeep. They are fired brass with a ball bullet loaded into the case, no primer or powder. I'll send you two. I also have other calibers I can load for you, what do you need?
  7. dedlegs

dedlegs New Member

You people are just GREAT!! I never thought I'd get an answer so quick and people would be so gererous. I thank you all very much. I"m not sure how to answer people direct yet but I'll do it. Thanks again Dave
  8. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

any interest in brit or stuff this side ?

.303 etc... loading a projectile into a fired shell is no drama's
  9. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Just post up a list of what you would like in this thread. We can reply back as to what each of us can cover.
  10. gdmoody

dedlegs, I got your PM and it has been answered with a list of dummies I will do for you!

By The Way - welcome to what is, without a doubt, the best forum on the web!
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Ill help as well. I have a shelf full of ammo I dont even own guns for. Just let me know what you need. id be happy to mail off a couple rounds each of what I have..
  12. Airdale

Airdale Member

Dave,

I can make up some .308 and 9mm if you need. Just let me know.
  13. gdmoody

Hey guys, I got a pm from dedlegs last night and I told him I would send him some dummies. I told him to post the other stuff he wanted and I was sure that some other folks would jump in to help him. Here is what I am going to provide him:

Pistol Rounds
    5.7X28
    9mm
    .38 special
    .357 Magnum
    .40 S&W
    .44 Magnum
    .45 Colt
    .45ACP

Rifle rounds
    .204 Ruger
    7mm.08
    45/70

I can provide you with a couple of 17Mach2 and 17HMR rounds but they will be live rounds since they are rimfire and I can't remove the primers!!
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

dang george you reload almost everything i do.. I can toss him a couple 7.62X54Rs, 7X57 mausers, .480 rugers, 8X57 mausers. and maybe a couple others ill hafta look..
  15. dedlegs

dedlegs New Member

To all my new found reloading friends. Thank You, Thank You so much for your help. I have been in contact with George as you can read and could use what ever I can get. I also like to get hold of some shotgun shells. My brother game me some cartridges and some low brass shot shells. He gave me a couple of 4/10 shells some 12ga and 20ga low brass shots. At present I have 22s, 22mags, 32s, 9mm,38special 1-380 could use another, 30/30s. 243s. I would like to get the following , besides anything else anyone can send.

221, 41cal, 40cal, 700 weatherbys, 17cal, 222, 22/250 50cal, 20mm, I don’t know if anyone has any, but I used to own a German 10mm shotgun. It had “brass shells” and I believe rim fire. 35cal. Ak47s 44/40s and old rim fire shells that can be spared.

If you load your own shot gun shells. I would like to get my hands on any 10ga, 12ga 16ga and 20ga shells low and high brass, not loaded. I just purchased a bullet remover off of ebay so if you don’t reload, I can take any shots apart and dry fire the primers. “Except for the 50cals & 20MM. Don’t want to blow my hands off. Hey guys, you are the Best. I can’t thank you enough.
    Dave