i could use some help

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by sprunner114, Sep 2, 2012.

1. sprunner114

sprunner114 New Member

i was at the range today with mr AR-15 its a bushmaster carbon 15. i had a casing fail to eject and now i can't get the thing out of there i tried pusihng it out with a cleaning rod and all that happened was i got an excuse to buy a new cleaning rod. any suggestions woul be more than welcome.
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

bolt heads gotta turn to unlock the breech. you will have to remove it by retracting the charging handle. good chance youll break it too. you could also try a mallet and a wooden dowel against the gas vent cut out on the bolt carrier. Insert a couple of soft metal pins into the gas vents so they stick out a bit and hammer the dowel againt them toward the rear. the carrier moving rearward is what rotates the bolt head thus unlocking the breech.

As to why it stuck. Chamber pressure spike. Thus extruding casehead material into the bolthead and extractor groove. what ammo were you shooting??
  3. sprunner114

sprunner114 New Member

i was using lake city 62 grain i ihave shot hundreds of these through this gun and never had an issue
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Prolly a fluke deal then. It happens. gotta get the bolt to unlock. do that by driving the bolt carrier rearward. once it unlocks it should come out. of youre lucky it wont break the extractor. but it if does break they are easy to replace and fairly cheap.