I decide I want my guns afterall, they sold today!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Woodman, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Woodman

Woodman New Member

Called a gun shop where they will sell, with no fee.
    The shop had taken in my SP-101 KSP321XL (spurless hammer)
    and a 3032, INOX, w/ two holsters.

I decide I can live with a revolver that gets used once a year, and call to get them.

Kid says they are not in the case, call tomorrow. Says a lot of guns went out in the last few days. Christmas cash.

I'm trying to get back a .45 from a store in CA.
    Waited so long, the gun is worth more now.
  2. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

I'd be glad to pick that up for you Jim! ;) :D
  3. Woodman

Woodman New Member

Dave .. (Dave, right?)

Just got off the horn with Roy at Stone's Gun Shop.
    My Para C6, which I put on consignment because I figured it would not get much use because I fire my CCW7 almost exclusively, and because I wanted to thin the collection before the move to PA, was purchased by a really good customer. A funeral home owner who buys three at a time, pays for them, and forgets to pick them up for six months (you and your "gun-a-month" state of affairs).

The gun really hits the hand. Think PPK/S, or even better, Makarov, on steroids.

But Roy will give him a call and I'll see a check for both guns next week, plus the other two sold locally.

Now that I have a little Ruger experience, I'll be looking for a lighter .357, 5-shot. Still with I had the SP101, even with it's 14# trigger.

I've got the perfect house hiding place for it, so well concealed I bet the Police would miss it (plumbers are sneaky guys - no, it is not "the toilet :D ").

If I had known you had an interest in my Paras, I surely could have lent you one or both for a few weeks. I know Mateomasfeo wants to give the LDA a try. Heck, the guy is working on getting the H&K USP with silencer, and my humble LDA interests him!

I'll be out in June, and will have the CCW7 with me.
    Maybe I will be through Dixon (or where ever; I'd have to look it up from one of your emails. I keep all my email, going back four years).
  4. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Pedestal sink?

Sure makes a good spot...Easy to access from the throne too. :D

Crpdeth
  5. Woodman

Woodman New Member

Think 5/4 x 6 baseboard, short piece in hall, hinged with a leather strap at bottom. When closed, you don't see a thing, the way it recesses into the molding above it. Commercial snap closure device, stainless.

Have not designed it all yet, just found the spot when prepping for paint.
  6. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I sure wish you'd take pics and write a short article on it, it sounds like something that many of us may like to try to duplicate.

Crpdeth
  7. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

Woodman, I haven't bought a handgun in years just because of all the B/S this state runs you through to get one. After my accident, my eyesight hasn't made shooting them that enjoyable anyhow. I'm hoping to have the Lazik eye surgery sometime this spring and maybe change all that. How's your knee doing back there in the cold country now? You get out this way, stop by Dixon and you can give my handguns a work out for me!
  8. Woodman

Woodman New Member

Took ten-eleven months. I still get a twinge if I overwork it, but it is healing. Like painting all day, hopping up and down a ladder, then visiting a niece, then IKEA, by the kime Ikea started, I was tired, and the tringe hit. That's when i told Julie "That's it. Time to go". I still spend hours putting together the new kitchen cupboards.

Geez, if ya really can'y shoot them, there might be one that I get fond of ...
    Need any yardwork done? Raking? Clean out the gutters?
  9. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

Sorry my friend, I think the twins already got the whole gunsafe divided up between them. I told 'em I was going to live to be a 100 just to foil their plans! :D
  10. Woodman

Woodman New Member

Anything small, mechanical, ingeniously made, I hold on to it just because I like it.

I never shoot my Buckmark, but an old guy said "Don't sell it".
    Even though guns aere verbotten in my family (morons when it comes to the Second Amendment), I hope to pass it on the a nephew.
  11. geezler

geezler New Member

What are you doing selling your guns??

Don't you know that's 14 violations of the seven deadly sins? :( :D