i dont know about religion but,,,

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by dammitman, Aug 4, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

hear hear!!
  2. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I will say this. there is no more important priority to me then someones salvation. People define Jesus as a God of love, and all things bliss. That is fine, but I have news for you, when Jesus Christ comes back, he will return as a man of war. Here you are mocking God as a chicken man as he patiently waits for you to accept him into your life. You have a chance. It's not about who died and who killed who. 10,000 babies will starve to death and it was never in God's plan. So what then, pray for the babies, send money and food, and turn to God in faith. I know you believe in him, now accept it. There would be no greater gift on this very moment if you got on your knees and accepted Jesus Christ into your life.

It's up to you.
  3. H-D

H-D Active Member

I wanted to say something rude but I'll just stick with what Paul wrote
    And without controversy, great is the mystery of godliness... I Timothy 3:16
  4. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Umm, Was there a question in there somewhere or did you just get the sudden urge to insult God on a public forum?
  5. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Some guy with a bit of line out, cruising slow with an electric motor.

Good answers, guys!
    God does have a plan, we know what it is, but He is a gentleman and does not micro-manage every nuance of every person on the planet.

It's kinda like:
    Rain, under the influence of gravity, ALWAYS comes down from the sky toward the earth. We can equate that to God's plan; it is absolute, concrete, and WILL be done.

But it would be incorrect to assume there is no gravity (plan) simply because one cannot determine why THIS drop hits THIS exact spot.
  6. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

+1
  7. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    When we talk about the problem of evil, what we're really talking about is things we don't like. But attributing our notions of right and wrong, good and bad, righteousness and evil to God is silly. God is what God is, and God does what God does. Jesus inverted the definition when a guy came up to him and said, "Good master, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"; Jesus' reaction was, "I wonder why you call ME, 'good', for no man is 'good', only God is 'good'." In his definition, we can't be the arbiters of what's good and evil at all - but whatever God does is "good".

I identify with those poor bastards incinerated in Pompeii when Vesuvius covered the city with hot lava. What happened to them was, "evil", by my lights. So why would God do such a thing? Because my opinions don't matter.

So, you want to know about the drought and other world crises? Take a leisurely tour through the Revelation (also known by the synonymous term, "apocalypse"). Read and re-read it, because it's tough going in places. But the information is there. Like reading the news before it happens.
  8. dammitman

dammitman Member

now that was kinda cold and really not very Christian like!
  9. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

If you are looking for a "turn the other cheek" sort of thing, you won't find it here.

If you have read this forum header you probably know what's about to happen next.

Walk softly.
  10. Diamondback

Diamondback Active Member

Since the beginning of time, more people have been killed, tortured. enslaved, what have you, in the name of god then for any other reason you can possibly name. What, you're a muslim? i will kill you because you do not believe in Jesus. What, you're a Christian? I will kill you because you don't believe in allah.
    Every body seems to believe that all of the deaths are not a part of god's will or plan. Years ago i developed a belief that helped me cope with the death of people I knew, family and friends. I developed the belief that at the moment of your journey in life, whether it is at conception or birth, god starts a clock or timer that has so many years, months, days, hours and seconds recorded on it. When that clock/timer winds down to zero your time on this earth is over, no matter who you are or what you believe. In short, no one dies before their time.
    What you believe will determine your fate in the after life. I believe in god. I believe in Jesus. I do not believe that god or Jesus gives a tinkers what particular religion I practice. None of them are right(The One True Path To Salvation) nor or any of them wrong(The Flaming path To Damnation). They are rather, in my mind a way for people of similar beliefs to prove to themselves that they are right and to show others how devout they are.
    My belief is mine and I have no need to prove or defend that belief. Only god can judge my belief.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

please do note the wink , its meant to be sarcastic of your dismissal

and why sarcastic , its obvious you came for a argument , you want to put the god botherers in their place for some reason or you have a grudge against God or something ..

so you come to Religous discussions , start in on God and we respond and you say thats all you got ?

what we got is a total rebuttal of your false idea's and subjective tone because your premise is wrong

God dont start wars ,
    He dont start us living in huge slums so simple illness, becomes deadly in a mass way ,
    He dont create the greed or hate that make some leaders seek war and conquest

He did not make you come here to rant .. thats all folks alone ..

and why my sarcasm is also we get a lot like you

your superiour arguments that mean nothing as the basic premise is wrong

you have two parts to you

i wish the part that tells you you goofed was listened to a bit more as thats the side that will stop wars stop illness spreading stop a lot of crap in the world

we just need all folks to get their and say

Hey God , its all too much , you Take Over ..

read His book

realise who and what He is , and what he aint as thats something many folks dont get

he aint gonna stop you from getting ill , but he does teach us the basics to prevent us falling ill

if we listen and follow thing work out in our favour in the long run

beats going around looking to start a argument to make someone feel bad so you can feel better about yourself ,, that i dont get at all

but cheers anyway
  12. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

oh and as for it not being Christian .. hmm then it also cant be too polite then eh?? get the point ??

as for turning the other cheek , that was the polite responce to the loaded question that dissed the premise you posed

the tossing it back as not worth your response was all you

as that showed just how rediculous you are , you just want a fight, and you aint getting one

its now just a show for the rest of us on how petty some folks can get
  13. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Uhh huh, lets go to the religious forum and see if we can ruffle some feathers...maybe we can even make someone mad enough to call us a name and then we can question their christianity....why else post in this area of the forum? Mockery, of course! Dont go whining when you cant log in any more.
  14. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

D just wait for the come back he'll have , it'll bust a gut on ya ... watch
  15. skullfr

skullfr New Member

The thing is you are blaming the wrong one.Satan is a powerful force and corrupts man.He preys on mans weakness and offers riches and gold.God gave you free will to choose and man always stumbles and falls for greed and power.The evil of the world is not Gods fault but mans weakness and desire to follow Satan.But God will deliver you if you seek Him.The path of evil is much easier road than a righteous path.The evil of the world will pay for thier sins no doubt about it.I pray you seek the Truth and find salvation.