i dont know about religion but,,,

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by dammitman, Aug 4, 2012.

1. skullfr

skullfr New Member

I wish I was as eloquent as you guys.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Satan's only difference is he cant create so he must work through people

you do ok Skull , we've just had lot's of practice
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Of course they blame God instead of blaming the devil. Its called being lost and confused and blinded by the enemy. You cannot serve two masters.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  4. Superredhawk

Superredhawk New Member

Thank you, Jack
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Your Most Welcome

and Welcome to the Forum !!

Hey Zhurh ! you spreading the word up that way ?

Zhurhs another Alaskan , we be getting a few now eh ..
  6. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Superredhawk, welcome to the forum from across the pond. If you've looked around, you'll see not all discussions are like this one. Most people here care about each other and help each other out whatever way they can. It's a great place to be. Put your feet up and enjoy.
  7. skullfr

skullfr New Member

welcome aboard.It is a great site.
  8. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

Father God is far more than we could ever understand. He said that His thoughts were not our thoughts, nor were His ways our ways. He thought about us enough to send His Son to die for us. Knowing some of the folks I have met along the way, I wouldn't have done it. He is God all by Himself, and He does not need our help. All He wants from us is everything. He does not demand it, He just offers so much more than we could ever accomplish by ourselves. Living for Him is a choice, and a great one at that.
    One thing that everyone might miss about the story of the rich young ruler is what was really the issue. His money meant everything to him. jesus saw his heart, and knew what was wrong. When the ruler heard what was missing, he could not stand it. In other words, his priorities were all wrong. Sinc he was unwilling to make the correction, he left sorrowful. Some things never change. The same problem is alive and well today. it is known as greed.
  9. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

You really have that one wrong.
    LOTS of people very much like the idea of adultry and lust. Many enjoy drooling over things they do not own. The love of money is widespread. When wronged, most of us feel the pleasant heat of rage rise up within us as our id tells us to seek REVENGE. Some cases are bad enough that folks entertain the pleasant thought of ending the life of the perpetrator. Almost everyone has, at some time or other, thought how pleasant it would be to tell their parents to go jump in the lake.

ALL of these are evil, but they are certainly not unpleasant to the natural man! Things like this which we ENJOY are often the very things that God has called evil.
    And yes, it was God not man that did this.
  10. bountyh

bountyh Former Guest

If you read the bible, Mark 13 or Matthew 24, you would know that Christ said there was a great tribulation coming to the world right before His return

It is going to be horrible. There will be countries fighting over food, mass starvation, and many other calamities.

And for the record: don't blame God for what the Nazis did to the Jews. Humans have free will and many of them use it horribly. God did not instruct the Nazis to be animals.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  11. bountyh

bountyh Former Guest

It will turn out perfectly. As Christ said, the people who made the right choices will be very happy and the ones like you who followed Satan will be cast into the fire. He used the analogy of cleaning up dead brush and burning the stuff that is useless.
  12. bountyh

bountyh Former Guest

Boredom at an intellectual battle with an unarmed respondent.
  13. dammitman

dammitman Member

well, i am back to check on the flock, and it looks as though i have brought some much needed discussion, good job children! i see that it works to bring many together to fight a single battle againsted a single enemy, keep up the good work and please keep the faith!

P.S. dont foreget to VOTE!!!!
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  14. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

yawn ..

flock anyone in this guys flock ?
    dodo birds i think
    extinct but too dumb to realise it

or a cuckoo ? lays a egg in someones nest and leaves them to deal with it

nope nothing of your flock here mate try the occupy folks in another forum
  15. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

I don't think that's what he meant, Terry. I think he was looking at it from a more philosophical perspective.

For instance, if the angel had not intervened and had allowed Abraham to kill Isaac, Abraham's doing so have been evil? We would typically call a father killing his son murder, a heinous crime. But because God told him to do it, this time it would have been sin for Abraham not to do it.

I think the point of what User was saying was that "good" itself is the nature of God, and "evil" is the contrary. When people talk about "evil in the world," they want to know why children sometimes die or why cancer exists. Through our limited perspective, these things always seem bad (especially to people who are mislead that this life is all there is). But that's a misunderstanding.

We know that just because something feels good doesn't mean it is good, but it's also important to note that just because something feels evil doesn't necessarily mean it is.