I feel old because...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TranterUK, Aug 12, 2009.

1. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Because I was in a antiquarian book shop and found a book written by an old friend of mine!

Actually true, 'Out of nowhere' on snipers. Anyone else?

I feel old because........
  2. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Oh no!

I feel old because....I can never sleep in anymore, then I wish to take a nap in the afternoon! :eek:
  3. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Because I keep thinking "This is not the America (World) I grew up in." and while a lot of curmudgeons think like that, this time it is real and very dangerous.

Besides, I like bamboo fly rods, lever action rifles and single action revolvers. Who else but an old fart likes that any more? :eek: :D
  4. When I talk about recent history in my classes, the Vietnam War or the Kennedy assassination for example, the students react like those things happened somewhere around the time of Christ. :D;)
  5. artabr

artabr New Member

I feel old because of the needle like pain I'm feeling in my hip that as I sit here typing this. :( :eek:
    I feel old because I poot dust. (I told y'all I collect dust.;) :D)
    I feel old because I went to bed at 6 AM and woke up at 7:30 AM and I felt like I over slept. :rolleyes: :D

As I type this Rush is on in the backround playing a parody song based on Randy Newman's "Short People" called "Old People". It's pretty good. :D

Art
  6. fmacsin1

fmacsin1 New Member

I feel old because I am teaching the children of the students I taught years ago.
  7. kingchip

kingchip New Member

.....I'm taking a break from tearing the old roof off of my house to save money to offset the metal upgrade that will go on tomorrow. what a stupid idea. I've got a hit of the best pain pill I have and can't feel that it's working. It's about 95 right now and I'm racing to be finished before the predicted high of 105 sets in.
  8. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I am laughing. I know I shouldn't be, but I am. Sorry. Its just, familiar.
  9. SARG

SARG Member

I feel rather old because the generation ahead has just about all been buried ............. and I'm in the group that's up next.
  10. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

I feel old because my mileage..:eek:
  11. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

7 knee surgerys I creak and crack when I walk cant kneel without pain and I'm not 40 yet.
  12. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Can't do two full days of good work with out suffering for four days after.
  13. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

Because my moral and ethical values don't seem to be in vogue anymore, or even evident anywhere (except on TFF of course)

On the otherhand, just turned 46, good health, active, financially O.K., plenty love in my life and 3 great kids. Plus, the milage i've got I lived to the hilt!
    I'mm looking forward to 46 more and the wisdom I should gain!!
    By the way, I ain't givin' up my values for no one, and I'll fight to keep 'em
  14. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

That one strikes home. My wife works for a police dept dealing with, among other things sexual offences, especially by the young. Part of my part time work results in my dealing with people who have been mislead, defrauded, just plain taken advantage of. The victims are by default the most vulnerable. Where possible, I help sort things out. We sometimes despair of the complete absence of those moral and ethical values.

Of course there have always been scum. There just seem to be so many now days.
  15. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Hey lighten up, I feel old the third time I take a wizz in the night. I feel old on TFF at 02.30 because I cant sleep, again. I feel old because I cant digest the fish and chips I ate a couple of hours ago. I feel old because despite every effort not to, I fall asleep most afternoons. I feel old because when I look in the mirror, there is some old guy looking back at me.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2009