I finally did it!

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

SkiingFool1974
    (7/7/02 11:56:14 pm)
    Reply I finally did it!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just got my 1st 1911, and am so happy!!!!! I had been drooling all over a Kimber Custom CDP II at my dealer for the past several months, and finally decided that I just had to have it. I picked it up on the 3rd, and wow, what an amazing weapon!!!

Sorry for the post, but it's been 4 days now, and I am still on such a high!

I feel sorry for the rest of my handguns, as they are now banished to the back of the safe forever!

Evan

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/8/02 4:55:33 am)
    Re: I finally did it!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Congrats, there ain't nuthin like a good .45 is there
    "I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/8/02 7:11:41 am)
    Reply Re: I finally did it!
    Happiness is a warm 1911!

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/8/02 8:07:11 am)
    They're fun aren't they?

Love mine too so glad to see someone else whose a newbie so to speak.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (7/8/02 8:15:45 pm)
    Congrats on your new 1911. Your next purchase will be a larger gun safe. No one owns just one 1911.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/9/02 8:10:27 am)
    shooter45 - tell me it isn't so?

I don't need any more handguns (or long guns for that matter). Running out of places to put them as it is (where I can remember to find them at least).

SkiingFool1974
    (7/9/02 8:48:23 am)
    I know the feeling Lynn. I have a much larger safe than I thought I'd ever need, and wouldn't ya know it, it's almost full!

Damn the state of Vermont with their instant background checks and no gun laws!

Evan

Tac401
    Administrator
    (7/9/02 12:03:06 pm)
    Good luck with your new toy Evan!

What part of VT are you in? I'm in VT too!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/9/02 12:12:40 pm)
    Evan,

Yeah that instant check thing really does make it hard to keep the safe from overflowing. Or in my case behind my bedroom door - at the rate I'm going I won't have any room in my closet for clothes either.

SkiingFool1974
    (7/9/02 11:18:31 pm)
    Tac, I'm in South Burlington. Where in VT are you?

Tac401
    Administrator
    (7/10/02 10:23:50 pm)
    Up near the border Evan, I'll send you an email, there
    is a pretty good shoot comming up.
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/11/02 8:06:55 am)
    Having a carry permit in AZ gets an instant check. Had I not moved when I did......well like T said can't close the safe now.

SkiingFool1974
    (7/11/02 11:07:27 am)
    Ya know, I bought a safe to keep 3 guns in, and they got lonely in that big safe by themselves. I didn't have any choice in the matter, they just needed to have friends! Now that the 1st safe is almost full I'm thinking about getting second safe... but the only problem with that is the gun that goes into the new safe will be lonely too.......

Evan

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/11/02 4:11:28 pm)
    Boy Skiingfool1974, what a terrible problem you have. Real catch 22 situation. If the wife complains, tell her it is like shoes and dresses. You must have many combinations. Multiple safes and multiple guns to go in said safes.

SkiingFool1974
    (7/11/02 4:28:51 pm)
    Shooter, it's a good thing I don't have a wife.....or is this the reason why I'm not married??