I finally got myself an 8-shot 357!!

4K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  44 Special 
#1 ·
This was one of my grail guns!

5" Barrel S&W 8-shot 357 mangum model 627 Performance Center

See less See more
#4 ·
#5 ·
That is a beautiful gun, and eight rounds to boot! I have about the same invested in my Jim Clark Custom .45.

#6 ·
She is an absolute beauty!

#11 ·
You know, I spend all of my money on 1911s but that makes me want one of those......hmmm

#16 ·
hey, did the pistol come with a S&W screwdriver? just curious if they still come with their new pistols
It actually did, and 2 sets of grips, and 3 moonclips.

#17 · (Edited)
I looked this revolver up at my suppliers and they show it with thinner wood (combat) grips than what yours has. I like your grips better.

Attachments

#18 · (Edited)
It came with the grips you pictured and a set of Rubber Hogue conversion grips. But I am a revolver addict with about 60 revolvers; so, I have boxes of grips, holsters, speed loaders, etc!!

I prefer wood grips but the round butt grips that were on it looked odd with the 5" barrel, so I put on some Round to Square Altamont Conversion grips. Those are the ones in the photo.

#19 · (Edited)
Thats what I thought. Either that or I thought they may have shipped some earlier with those grips. I prefer your grips for sure. I will bet thats gonna be a shooter.

#21 ·
Drooling over that one! Love the grips too; I haven't got to fire one yet, just fondled. One of the best lookin wheel guns ever produced IMO. Nice buy :bow:

#23 ·
Thanks guys! I already have four 5 star speed loaders, a range block, and a S&W PC holster on the way.

Here are the loaders and the holster:

#25 ·
Real nice set up. I wouldnt mind one myself....I am not crazy about the retention strap on the holster, but I do like that style of holster....

#26 ·
I hear that S&W is doing a lot of after market things for their pistols. New guns don't have a large varity of things for them as the after market makers haven't got going on them yet. So S&W decided that they would make these items, and make the money that was going to the after market guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.