The Firearms Forum banner

I finally replaced it!

2K views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  jacksonco 
G
#1 ·
A couple of years ago I bought a Spyderco Centofante 4 pocket clip knife for daily carry. I've carried a clip folder for over 30 years and feel undressed without one. I liked this knife better than any I've ever carried because it will do everything I need a blade to do. It has a 3" VG-10 Wharncliff blade (sometimes called a "sheep's foot) that can be honed sharp enough to shave with; it is light and compact, but large enough to work for just about any cutting task. Anyway, I lost the knife somewhere along the way (still haven't figured out how), but never replaced it for some reason, that is, until now. I ran across one on Amazon the other day, and on an impulse, ordered it. It arrived yesterday and now resides in my right pocket where it belongs. I never realized just how much I had missed it.

Anyone else ever used one of these? Some don't care for the blade design because it does not have a true point, but I've always found that to be of little consequence. I don't look at a carry knife as a weapon (I prefer a Glock for that purpose! ;)), but as a tool that I use daily. This is one of the best in my humble opinion.

G
#2 ·
I am not familiar with your model Pistol, but have used a small Spyderco lock knife for years and found it very satisfactory. They dont seem to make the model any more.

I have used two makes that have stood the test of time, the Spyderco and a very worn and much used Benchmade. The original CQB7. When it first came out I took one look, and bought two.

G
#3 ·
I am not familiar with your model Pistol, but have used a small Spyderco lock knife for years and found it very satisfactory. They dont seem to make the model any more.

I have used two makes that have stood the test of time, the Spyderco and a very worn and much used Benchmade. The original CQB7. When it first came out I took one look, and bought two.
Here is what the Centofante 4 looks like, Tranter:

I must agree, Benchmade does build a good knife. In fact, I have several of them. Frankly though, I think the Spyderco is a much better buy for general use. I especially like the Centofante because of the VG-10 steel it uses in the blade. I've never had a knife that will take and hold an edge better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.