1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

I finally scored some primers!!

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by flannelman, Sep 15, 2009.

1. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    Well the wait is over. I got let off work early today because one of the machines ate a bearing and it will take two days to replace it. The entire mill is shut down because of this and I get some time off while they get it fixed. Anyway I decided to go to a nearby sporting goods store to see what they had. I was excited when I saw their sign because it said they had .380 ammo in stock. I thought maybe I'd get lucky and they would have primers too. Boy did they! There were cases and cases of Remington and CCI primers in every configuration. They had a few Federal primers too. There were at least 6 cans of each type of powder they stocked as well. They had some bullets too. There were 2 RCBS presses and about a half dozen case tumblers too. I snagged a 1000 large rifle and 1000 small pistol primers before heading over to the gun counter to scope out the inventory. They had at least a dozen AR type rifles and probably that many AK's too. Prices were a little high still but I didn't see what brand's were available so they may have not really been that high after all. There was a lot of ammo too, including 380 and 9mm. I was so excited about getting primers that I didn't really look too closely at anything else. Hopefully I'll be reloading tomorrow!:D
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Congratulations on your find, have fun reloading.
  3. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Thanks! It is raining here today so I am getting all my stuff out so I can play! I am goinng to get started working up some loads with the new primers for my .30-06 and .25-06. Then I'll work on some 9mm since I found a few 115 gr FMJ bullets a guy gave me when I bought some dies off him a few months ago. I had forgotten about them and was telling my wife that I needed to get some 9mm bullets to start reloading pistol ammo and then I found them while looking through my supplies. I like little suprises like that!!
  4. army mp

army mp Member

I read your post , looking for the punch line. Glad to hear this shortage garbage may be clearing up. My back order is still out there some place. coming up on 6 months..
  5. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Nope, no punch line. I really got some primers!! Hopefully the shortages are coming to an end. I have seen a lot more ammo recently than in the past few monts also.
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

You lucky bastard you. Every gunshop remains out of stock around here. And i have been waiting on backorders since june...:(
  7. flannelman

flannelman New Member

This shop actually had a lot of reloading supplies. They had about equal amounts of Remington and CCI primers of all sizes. I can understand them having plenty of Remington stuff cause there is a Remington factory about 20 miles or so from the store I was at. They also had a lot of powder. It may not last though because they were pretty busy.