I find this interesting

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Appliancedude, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

This is a comment from my cousins daughter on facebook. I believe she is about 13 or 14.

i already now who going to win mitt romney ugh all of my foodstamp gone :(

Now her dad is a POS, my cousin (and I'm not sure her politics, she likes everything I post on FB) just got a job working for a non profit that supports Odumbass. (And her post on that was please don't hate me cuz) I told her I didn't, it was a job, and she's the only one willing to work in the family and that as long as it brought in income, you do what you have to do.

How sad is that statement though. On different levels. One that she thinks she's gonna lose her foodstamps if a R gets in office. Two, that she openly admits on FB her need for them. I wasn't raised that way. My parents had to go get the government cheese (literally) but we didn't let anyone know. My dad was out of work for 2 years, it sucked. We didn't announce it to the world. Whatever happened to pride?
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I grew up with very little "given" to us also. You're right, there was Pride and a drive to take personal responsibility for our own needs. As a family, we would pick pinecones and sell them to the Forest Service and harvest wild mushrooms to make a few bucks. Not often, but I do remember a few layoffs at the mill and we had some gov't cheese too. In times like that, it was buckle down and give up all things not needed. Nowadays there's just too much that people think are God given rights and won't give up in order to survive; they'd rather mooch off the gov't and have big brother meet their needs....:mad::mad::mad:
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

been broke here on and off all my life

fixing guns toasters cars bikes , grinding concrete , shellacking a old cupboard

and thats just this week and its wednsday , could be anything before friday

but it keeps the bills paid and my ammo locker full

all that matters

as for welfare

yeah i'm entitled

let someone who needs it claim it

i do just fine outside the system

better than the poor SOB's stuck in it thinking there aint no way out ...
  4. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

Same here Jack and wooley.
    I grew up in the day if you needed somthing, You worked for it or you went without.
  5. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

hear hear Jack. I'm sure my wife and I qualify for 'assistance' but I damn well won't apply for any.
  6. Diamondback

Diamondback Well-Known Member

Back in the early 60's, my father, God rest his soul, was hit in the knee by a nail bouncing off the house foundation while mowing. He didn't do anything about for about a week. He thought the cut was caused by a rock. He developed an infection and wound up in the hospital to have the nail removed and the bone scraped to remove the infection. About a week after he got home the county commissioner drove up with two boxes of commodities for us. Evidently one of our neighbors called him because my father bloody well did not. He did not believe in asking anyone for help. He tried to refuse them but the commisssioner convinced him to keep them. With 4 kids the oldest only 13, me, we really needed the help.
    The point is, somtimes people need help for a short period. WHen dad was able to go back to work, about 6 months later he quit taking the commodities.
    Commodity cheese was by far the best tasting cheese I have ever eaten and the canned beef and pork made for some interesting meals. I don't need it but I would love to be able to get my hands on some of that cheese again. Hopefully your cousins daughter will turn out to be the white sheep and get off the welfare merry-go-round.
  7. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

People that have worked all of their life and paid into the system should not feel one bit guilty seeking assistance when they need it. It is the majority of folks that live off of the system that have never worked a day in their life that is the problem.
  8. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Well-Known Member

I think that the problem with government assistance is the ones that actually worked for it don't get it, But the people that never worked a day in there lives ( that are very able to work just lazy) get everything they can.
  9. Appliancedude

A lot of you know this, but probably most of you don't. My kids are both adopted through the foster program. We qualify for a lot. Well, my kids do anyways. We don't accept any of the freebees we were offered. I'll buy their formula myself thank you. Well I did anyways, thank God those days are over, as well as the diapers. :D
  10. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

And that is your option. But, you having worked your entire life and having paid into the system every single year, it would not be a terrible thing to use that system if you NEEDED it. Since you didnt, you chose not to and thats great. I just see many veterans and some others who have worked their whole life and paid into the system the whole time and now are unable to fend for themselves the way they used to, they could really use some help and are too proud to ask or apply for it because they dont want to be labeled as part of the problem. That to me is nonsense. Someone is going to collect that money regardless and its most likely going to be a lazy a$$ who never worked a day in their life.
  11. Appliancedude

Absolutely. I'd rather see that money go to those who need it. And thats NEED as opposed to WANT it.
  12. time2shoot

reading all the posts, It's like talking to my self. or every one is reading my mind.
    Appliancedude, the wife and I also do fostercare. We Have had KK since she was a babby.
    We where asked to adopt her from her mother. we said yes.
    Then her 60+ great grama who lives in a senior center on the reservation, who has never ever even seen her. Says I want her.
    The tribe said ok. Thats it end of story.
    So after all thease years, we are on borowed time. till she leaves us.
  13. Appliancedude

Wow, man that sucks. I was lucky with mine. My daughter is my second cousin. Her bio mom is a meth addict, and welfare trash.

My son was the first Safe Surrender in our county. A potential dad showed up but was in his 60s and after meeting us, didn't contest it and let us have him. His words "I'm to old to take care of a newborn, I just wanted to make sure he was safe".

Both are now fully adopted, and only God could take them from me. Anyone else has to go through my friend Ruger to get them.
  14. time2shoot

wish it worked that way here. But the wife and I are not Native, and she is.
    The tribe have there own laws on this.
    LSS already said if she was white, no way would it be alowed.
    We will keep up on our training. Just in case. Told the wife never again. We will still do what they call respit care. for other foster parents.
    But never again will I give them the chance to ripe out my heart.
    We even met with the grand mother, with LSS backing us up, that the best for her was to leave her where she was. We ofered to take her for visits any time she wanted. just give us a day or two notice. It's an 8 hr trip. She wont do it.
    We even explained to her that, She may not be blood. but that that little girl is mine in heart and soul. KK dos'nt know any of her family, no matter how hard we tried to have them apart of her life.
    She dose'nt care. She just wants the hand outs she will get from the tribe and Gov. She has no phone no transpertation. no way get help if somthing should happen.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  15. time2shoot

Which means KK has no future.:(:mad: