I Found A Mannlicher Schoenauer M1905 Need info

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by gbrinz, Dec 1, 2008.

1. gbrinz

gbrinz New Member

Over the Thanksgiving Holiday I found a large locked antique box in the back of my grandmother’s closet. By no means have I ever done anything like this before, but with permission I went to digging. I pulled the large box into the middle of the bedroom, and to my surprise were all kinds of interesting items inside. Two of the items were a Oesterr Waffenfabr Ges. Steyr Mannlicher M1905, with a Carl Zeiss JENA Zlusechs Nr53479 quick mount/dismount scope. Both items appear to be in very respectable condition, and have not been touched since my grandfather died some 15 years ago. After locating these items my grandmother remembers that my grandfather brought all these WWII items back from Germany

At this point I am just wondering if there is any good information about the above listed items. I would love to know what caliber it may be (I am guessing 6.5mm). I am really excited about the gun and scope and hope someone can provide anything to kill my curiosity.

************If need be I can post picture later.****************

I also found a 11.26mm AUT.PISTOL M/1914 No. 1556 Colt . Can’t find info on that either.

Many Thanks

George
  2. gbrinz

gbrinz New Member

3. gbrinz

gbrinz New Member

Sorry for the lack of detail, just wanted to put something out. I hope someone can help me out.

[​IMG]
  4. model70man

model70man New Member

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  5. lead

lead Active Member

Do you have pictures of the pistol? If it's a 11.25mm 1914, it could be a Norwegian Colt. Norway was licensed to make Colt .45acp pistols before the war. Some were made under Nazi occupation. I believe they command a pretty good price. You might check with the guys at the 1911 page on here.