I found a reloading trick to save time

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Deacon_Man, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

I found if I chuck my primer pocket tool into my drill press I can clean out the pockets a whole lot faster. Do any of you use this method to clean the pockets out?
    I am really enjoying reloading. I took the sixty rounds i fired at the range Friday and another forty new brass and loaded up 100 rounds this morning. I'm ready for the range again.
    I have found once I got all my dies set I can really move along. I bought the Lee twist locks to install the dies really fast, never have to adjust any thing. Just check the first rounds with my calipers and keep on rolling. The digital powder scales works great to keep my charge accurate.
    Thanks to all of you for all the advice you have given me.

John
  2. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That is great that you are enjoying reloading. For me it is a great mental release. When I go out in my garage and turn the radio on and start messing with stuff I tend to relax and it's just good therapy. As for the drill press they are great for cleaning and trimming brass.

Jim
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

yep. that one comes at ya pretty quick after youve cleaned a few hundred primer pockets and have raw fingers from it.
  4. res45

res45 New Member

I use a cordless drill when doing lots of cases,I use it for case trimming,primer pocket cleaning as well as removing military primer pocket crimps. I keep two 12 volt Black and Decker drills charged up all the time.
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I need to go cordless.
  6. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

yep, and use a strip of duct tape to hold the trigger at just the right speed, set it on a table and have 2 hands free
  7. gandog56

gandog56 Member

Yep, figured this one out with a cordless and about 20 years ago. I'm not real sure there are many "new" reloading tricks out there.
  8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

you go deacon
  9. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i may have to try that. I just started using a drill to run my rcbs trimmer!