I found out where all the 22lr is going!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 380guy, Mar 11, 2013.

1. 380guy

380guy New Member

A friend of my Wife's friend works for Federal and she confirms there are SEMI-TRUCK loads of it just sitting there waiting for shipment to govt. agencies. What the hell would they use 22 for........ My guess is you can fit probably fit 52 pallets on a 52x8 trailer and how many cases on a pallet, say 50 and 6 bricks to a case (guessing) but thats comes out to roughly 150,000 rounds per truck!
  2. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I'm not disputing that they have trailers loaded with ammo but they'd have to be awfully small pallets to get 52 of them on a 53'/102" trailer. You wouldn't be able to load all the way to the doors either, you wouldn't be able to bridge the weight and would surely be grossly over weight.

What would gov't agencies need all that 22 ammo for?
  3. 380guy

380guy New Member

Yeah I wasnt sure how many pallets you could fit but still a crap load of bullets per truck!
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i think they just want to keep it out of our hands make the gun owners mad so maybe we will do something so they can jump on us with another law
  5. north tex

north tex Member

Yep. I'd estimate around 16 pallets depending on the weight. Also the "22" may have been .223. Though I wouldn't think that both would come out of the same plant.

Snipers....:eek:;)
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I thought the government had a hand in this.
  7. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Standard pallet is 40x48"

A Great Dane trailer is 102.36" wide and 53' long.

Max single level load would be 26 pallets. 2 wide 13 long

A federal 550 round box of 22lr is 4#.

You could put about 2k# per pallet that would be roughly 500 boxes figure 10 per case to that is 50 cases per pallet. That would come to roughly 52k#
    Figure roughly 23k# for truck and 12k# for trailer for a total of 87k#. So 52 pallets would be OK if you only loaded them to 1k pounds or less.
  8. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I have always believed the the guberment has had a hand in the ammo shortage. I know that a lot is being bought as soon as any of it hits the shelves, I've seen it. However, places like Wal Mart just aren't getting anything above a few boxes at a time, and they go fast. There is simply no other way to explain where the millions of rounds produced, world wide each day, are going.
  9. gvw3

Cuts in military benefits and the sequester cuts and they are doing this. If this is true and can be proven this will go down bad for them. There is an election just around the corner.
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    As soon as Obozo can declare martial law, there won't be any more elections. And if there are any more elections they will be worse that the last one, with all the dead folks, and slimey welfare takers voting!
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  11. Tdubb

Tdubb Member

The owner of my LGS said he called one of his suppliers in Ohio back in January and they told him that government vehicles followed in the delivery truck and paid them 3 times the load value and rerouted the truck to government facility.
  12. CAM138

CAM138 Member

I'm willing to bet if they are taking it they aren't even using it. They just don't want us to have it. I bet they just destroy it while laughing at us.
  13. bumblebee

bumblebee Member

On the bright side, after the mid-term elections in '14 and a new President is elected in '16...there will be billions of rounds of ammo that will be dumped from government stockpiles.

The 2014 elections will be make or break for gun owners. Pick candidates (local, state and federal) who share your (our) beliefs and work hard to get them elected
  14. gvw3

We can stop this in the up and coming election. Take all the power away from these wacko liberals. It's going to happen.
  15. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

You were doing good with the math until you got to the 87k#. I'll br more than happy to back under that wagon and drag it down the road. As long as you come along and bring your checkbook. That 7k# over gross weight can add up to some serious cha-ching.
  16. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

The only .22 buy I could find on USASpending.gov was a half million $ for .22 and .45 bought by DoD last Sep. http://www.usaspending.gov/search?form_fields={%22search_term%22%3A%22.22+cal%22%2C%22naics_code%22%3A[%22332992%22]%2C%22fyear%22%3A[%222012%22]}&sort_by=dollars&per_page=25

17. gvw3

My wife is a tax preparer for a major company for 23 years. They received a notice that veterans collage benefits have been cut. They will be billed for their tuition.

Now we know where they got the cash to buy all this ammo. They took it from the kids that went over to fight their war. This is out of control.
  18. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

it's simple! the government cant remove our firearms, but they can buy all the ammo.
    then our firearms will eventually be used as clubs
  19. rimmer1

rimmer1 Member

I don't think that we can wait till the 2014 elections. The Crash will be coming soon.
  20. 380guy

380guy New Member

I swear if I was wealthy I would either start manufacturing ammo for citizens or just go to the manufacture and buy a butt load and share the wealth. Any millionaires in here?????