I got a reply from Tom Daschle

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by warpig, May 8, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

I was on the GOA website and sent Tommy boy one of them form letters about the pertaining frivolous lawsuits against gun manufacturers and the slimeball was kind enough to send me a reply of political doubletalk that says nothing firm.

May 8, 2003

Jason XXXXXX
    XXX XXXX Street
    Volin, SD 57072

Dear Jason:

Thank you for contacting me regarding S. 659/H.R. 1036, the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, this legislation is designed to strengthen protections against lawsuits that seek to recover damages from the industry for harm caused by criminal misuse of firearms. I share the goal of eliminating frivolous lawsuits, and support legislation to provide a reasonable level of legal protection to gun manufacturers and dealers. I also believe, however, that we must be very careful that, in doing so, we do not give legal immunity to businesses that knowingly put weapons in the hands of criminals, or that operate in clear violation of our nation's firearms laws.

As we work to protect legitimate businesses from unfair lawsuits, I want to be sure that we do not create a situation where gun dealers cannot be held accountable for failing to keep track of guns in their inventory that are later used in crimes, or where manufacturers are not legally liable for product defects that result in accidental deaths. As you may know, this legislation has been passed by the House of Representatives, and is currently awaiting action by the Senate Judiciary Committee. I look forward to working to foster a dialogue between representatives of all involved parties so that we can produce a bill that balances the legitimate desire to discourage frivolous lawsuits against responsible manufacturers and dealers, and the need to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and children.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please stay in touch.

With best wishes, I am

Sincerely,

Tom Daschle
    United States Senate

TAD/spm
  2. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

Yep, just like the politician in "Best Little Whore House in Texas". Doing the two-step. :mad:
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Wha...? Huh? What'd he say? Huh?

If you're not confused, you obviously don't understand the situation. :confused:
  4. 280freak

280freak New Member

Jason -

Here's a thought - why don't you have yer little brudder, or somebody else that you know and trust, send yer esteemed Senator another letter, but this time with the opposite point of view of the one that you sent. Might be very interesting to see what the reply would be.
  5. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Wouldn't matter what you sent Daschle, because either way he is going to vote for his own agenda.
  6. cowdoc

cowdoc New Member

warpig i for the life of me cant see why this state keeps electing that guy, i think it long past time that he not represent SD
    doc
  7. 280freak

280freak New Member

Cointoss -

No doubt about that! Just thought that it would be fun to compare, side by side, the replies he sends out to constituents with opposite points of view.
  8. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Hey!...

Reckon!...I'm gunna have ta move out to SD and show ya'll how ta vote the sheet out'a yer senate!...;)

daschle...blows...(purposely didn't capitalize his last name)...;)
  9. kaylan1

kaylan1 New Member

I like 280's idea about the opposite view. when he reponds you can compare the 2, you know he's gonna be sittin on the fence, but which side does he have his boney butt shifted to. Then send both letters to the GOP or who ever his opponent is. Let'em us it for campaign propaganda.

*Boy do I need a spell checker on this'n*
  10. warpig

warpig Guest

I agree with all of you.

I just sent my brother an email explaining the plan. Hopefully he will do it.
  11. bigboom338

bigboom338 New Member

Great News, I recently heard that John Thune is gonna run against tom daschle in the next election. I can only hope that this is true so that I can give my father-in-law a great big rasberry. And more importantly get that little worm out of office.
  12. warpig

warpig Guest

I heard Thune is going to run also Mike.

What is up with your dad in law? He likes Daschle?
  13. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

If yer bro!...

Doesn't want to do it...Hook me up with the LINK!...it would be way out of "Character"...but, I'll ask the "wannabe feller"...what's up!...;)
  14. WyomingSwede

WyomingSwede Guest

I think Thune is a gonna smoke ole Tom boy...his washington two step is wearing pretty thin with the folks in south dakota.

Someone please explain to me how he can represent us in washington when he doesn't even own a resisdence in south dakota anymore???

I suppose he will open a PO box in sioux falls come time to file his re-election petition???

the wondering swede
  15. cowdoc

cowdoc New Member

guess between thune and daschle i wont vote for either one , i'll leave that spot on the ballot blank, being a cattle rancher i will not vote for thune either!! wish we could find some decent people to run for this spot instead of the same typical two faced kind that normally run office
    doc