1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

I got shot by the economy last night.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fleetwood1976, Mar 24, 2010.

1. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

The office furniture business is officially dying in southern indiana. My intire second shift was abolished last night. Being unemployed makes me feel a little more like the rest of the country. As for the company I work for, I think in 3 years they will be another empty warehouse. All the companies we supplied are going out of business, not a good sign.

We are very up beat and optimistic about it. When you serve the lord, you don't need to worry about the small stuff. Peace of mind is an awesome gift.

It is a wierd time, I almost felt bad having a job when everyone I knew was on unemployment. Now I am one of the gang.
  2. dianalv

dianalv New Member

My son joined the ranks last Friday. He got laid off with no warning at all. At least they gave him a severance package and he has a second job, now the only job. Not enough to cover his mortgage, but it's something until he finds other work.
  3. Just One Shot

Just One Shot Member

This trend has and will continue to increase due to the, so called, health care bill!
  4. CMfromIL

CMfromIL New Member

Keep your head up. Losing your job isn't shameful or somehing to be embarassed about. Choices were made far above you that you had no control over.

Quickly get signed up for unemployment then spend time looking for work. The sooner the better. The benefits paid to you should give you some ability to take time and really spend looking for a new job/career.

Lastly, unemployment is paid for a reason. It's to give you 'time' to look for a quality job. Don't settle for the first thing that comes up if can afford to (assuming of course it's not at least as good as your job you lost).

What I mean is...don't start a min-wage job if you were making over that 'just to be working'. This can have a negative impact on your cash flow as well as affecting your benefits.

The company that let you go has been paying the Gov for those benefits. In effect you have 'earned' them. Use them wisely, and good luck. This is a terrible economy for everyone.

God Bless.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  5. fleetwood1976

I have a good back up line of work and other options besides that. The job I had was a good place to work, and draw a decent wage. And was also convenient. Cash flow will be strained but I don't believe we will go hungry. It will be summer time and the living is easy, so the song says.
  6. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

I'll be unemployed for a full year as of next month.
    Look for a job to be sure, but I reccomend the possibility of self-improvement as well. I'm going to school these days, after getting fed up with the job search. It'll help me get a job when I'm done, with the likelihood of better pay. Keeps my mind occupied and upbeat too, way better than staring at the 42" plasma screen garbage spewer.
  7. fleetwood1976

I am thinking of expanding my part time job into full time and be self employed. what I hate is lack of spending cash and abundance of time. and of course, $300 glocks and $200 walther pp's are poping up everywhere with no money to buy them.
  8. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Thats just great Fleetwood.:eek: I see your a part of the midnight loosers club now. Glad to have you aboard.:p What else do you do when there is no work? Stay up all night and think about what your loosing? :mad:

Sorry to see here my friend. Think about obama when you rest your head and try to sleep. :rolleyes: Good luck.
  9. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

So I've noticed a lot of us on here have been dealing with this problem, is there a way to calculate the unemployment rate of TFF?