1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

I got to shoot the....

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/29/02 9:54:01 pm)
    Reply I got to shoot the....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New Ruger 77/22 I got for Christmas. OH BABY! I am ready for the next Postal Shoot! How long can a new gun give you a stiffy?

Hey, Bin Laden, our women can kick you butt!

gram22
    (12/29/02 10:09:32 pm)
    Reply I got to shoot the....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't know, but I have been shooting my 10/22 three days in a row now. Lot's of fun. Got to shoot a Bushmaster AR-15 today too, recoil was not as bad as I expected. It was one of the little A3 versions with a red dot sight. Just all kinds of fanatics and military guys out at the range lately, lots of interesting Class III weapons. I think I will lay off the range a few days and nurse my ears and shoulder though.

wsmc667
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/30/02 12:28:33 am)
    Reply mmmm
    mmmm, i luuuuuuuve shooting my bushy AR. =)

outdoorsman260
    (12/30/02 12:57:27 am)
    Reply Re: I got to shoot the....
    It can be awhile. my .260 was still giving me a semi a month after I bought it

Quote:
    I think I will lay off the range a few days and nurse my ears

Do you not wear hearing protection?? Kepp in mind hearing damage is perminant
    blake.prohosting.com/~redneck4

gram22
    (12/30/02 5:39:28 pm)
    Reply Hearing protection
    Okay, here is what happened. I get to the shooting range minus my earplugs, which are still in my shooting kit. I am just laying my Ruger 10/22 down on the table and arranging things while my buddy is quickly pulling his AR-15 out of the case. Unfortunately I did not see him insert a clip while I was loading a Ruger factory magazine (those little things take a lot of concentration). The next thing I hear is: "kaboom riiiiinnnnggggg!", because he fired it off 3 feet away from my head. I yell at him, but he only tells me: "gee sorry man, thought you had your earplugs in by now". The rest of the day, those things did not come out of my ears until I got in the back seat of his car.