I got to shoot the....

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/29/02 9:54:01 pm)
    Reply I got to shoot the....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New Ruger 77/22 I got for Christmas. OH BABY! I am ready for the next Postal Shoot! How long can a new gun give you a stiffy?

Hey, Bin Laden, our women can kick you butt!

gram22
    (12/29/02 10:09:32 pm)
    Reply I got to shoot the....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't know, but I have been shooting my 10/22 three days in a row now. Lot's of fun. Got to shoot a Bushmaster AR-15 today too, recoil was not as bad as I expected. It was one of the little A3 versions with a red dot sight. Just all kinds of fanatics and military guys out at the range lately, lots of interesting Class III weapons. I think I will lay off the range a few days and nurse my ears and shoulder though.

wsmc667
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/30/02 12:28:33 am)
    Reply mmmm
    mmmm, i luuuuuuuve shooting my bushy AR. =)

outdoorsman260
    (12/30/02 12:57:27 am)
    Reply Re: I got to shoot the....
    It can be awhile. my .260 was still giving me a semi a month after I bought it

Quote:
    I think I will lay off the range a few days and nurse my ears

Do you not wear hearing protection?? Kepp in mind hearing damage is perminant
    blake.prohosting.com/~redneck4

gram22
    (12/30/02 5:39:28 pm)
    Reply Hearing protection
    Okay, here is what happened. I get to the shooting range minus my earplugs, which are still in my shooting kit. I am just laying my Ruger 10/22 down on the table and arranging things while my buddy is quickly pulling his AR-15 out of the case. Unfortunately I did not see him insert a clip while I was loading a Ruger factory magazine (those little things take a lot of concentration). The next thing I hear is: "kaboom riiiiinnnnggggg!", because he fired it off 3 feet away from my head. I yell at him, but he only tells me: "gee sorry man, thought you had your earplugs in by now". The rest of the day, those things did not come out of my ears until I got in the back seat of his car.