I gotta PP!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by NRAJOE, Apr 1, 2004.

1. NRAJOE

NRAJOE New Member

Thats right, I gotta PP! :eek:

The Manurhin came in today from Centerfire! Awesome pistol! Overall 98% blueing...just a little wear on the muzzle from riding in a holster. Gonna cold blue touch it up tonight...should look brand new! Th money order got there yesterday at 11:29 am, and the pistol got here at 1:00 pm today...wow! I have nothing but good thing to say about Lois@centerfire! I think thats where I'm gonna get my last two CZ52's in grey from!

www.centerfiresystems.com

Type: Double Action
    Caliber: .22LR or 6.35mm auto (.25 ACP) or 7.65x17mm Auto or 9x17mm (.380 ACP)
    Length overal 173mm PP, 154 mm PPK
    Weight: 682g PP, 568g PPK
    Barrel length: 99mm PP, 84mm PPK
    Capacity: 8 (PP), 7 (PPK) rounds

Walther PPK (Polizei Pistole Kurz - Short Police Pistol) is a shortened wersion of the Walter PP (polizei Pistole) and differs from it only in size (shorter barrel and grip). Walther PP was presented in 1929, PPK - in 1931 and quickly become wery popular among European police agencies and civilian shooters - both guns were reliable, easy to conceal (especially PPK), but of moderate power (esp. versions in .22LR, 6.35mm auto (.25ACP) and 7.65mm auto). During WW2 those guns were issued to german military police personnel, high military officers and other military personnel.
    In fact, PP and PPK were the worlds first successful DA autos. They were (and are) copied and still in production by bot the Crl Walther Sportwaffen gmbh. and other companies.
    technically, PP and PPK are blowback operated DA handguns. Both have chamber loaded indicator, external hammer, manual safety and out of battery safety. The manual safety is somewhat odd, because it has to be turned UP to be set to fire position, instead of common down direction.
    Both guns deserved good reputation during the decades of use. Especially popular they become as a James Bond (Agent 007) weapon (Walther PPK) in almost all novels and all but the most recent movies, when James Bond switched to more modern Walther pistol - a P99.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2004
  2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE New Member

They even threw in a shoulder holster...:D
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2004
  3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE New Member

Schematic..

Attached Files:

4. merc

merc New Member

congrats Joe
    I got one about 8 months ago.
    These are great guns.
    good luck with it bud
  5. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

I gotta a PP too!..."course it's different from y'alls...I buy ammo from them folks from KY.,...Reckon it's time ta look at their shooter's...;)
  6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE New Member

Thanks...that dbl action is less than desired though! Guess its normal to have an 11# dbl action pull on these and around 4.5# on single action. Might take it to a smith later for a little honing! :D