I gotta wonder

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Bobitis, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Bill Clinton goes to North Korea, and 'Poof', two American criminals are released. In my 52 years, I've never seen this happen.
    Hillary is in Africa?

Is it not HER job to deal with foreign problems?

What was sacrificed/gained in this matter?
    I understand that 2 criminals of American decent were freed. That's a plus/gain? I spose...:rolleyes:

What did we give up?:eek:

Only time will tell....:(
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

The Clinton's saw an opportunity to get back on the front page. The North Koreans saw it as a way to get some good press for the first time since 1996. Win-WIn?

Pops
  3. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I wish I could believe that.
  4. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Well, Comrade Hillary is busy in Kenya doing somethign more important, you know, making sure Barry's real birth certificate never sees the light of day again.
  5. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

NO NO NO! Everybody knows she is bisy. She is practicing saying "I am sorry" in many different languages. :( So many countries to see so little time.
  6. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Oh yeah, that too.
  7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

If so, I hope she does a better job at translating than she did with this gift... :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sudCmrAsF4
  8. artabr

artabr New Member

I wounder how come their boss, Algore didn't fly to the rescue. Shame he couldn't have been part of a prisoner swap. :rolleyes: ;) :D

Art
  9. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I think that Kim Jung-Il wanted the most powerful figure he could get to figuratively grovel at his knees in the international scene. He knew that a sitting President wouldn't come to see him, and he also knew that he hated GWB with the feelings being mutual. Therefore he chose the rock star President, Bill Clinton.

Having Hilary, a woman, come to the rescue would have made Kim Jung-Il look weak in the Asian community. That brings up a good question... Why the heck have our past 3 Secretaries of State been women when all our enemies have a low respect for women? I'm not bashing women here but our enemies certainly do. Did Albright, Rice or Clinton make any sense whatsoever as SOS picks?... I think not. :confused:
  10. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

Kim Jung-Il loved Bill Clinton when he was president. They made many "ground breaking" agreements that were highly beneficial to the north, then Kim Jung-Il promptly ignored his side of the deal.
  11. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I like this prisoner swap idea, we need to work on this one some more. There has just got to be other politicians, besides AG that we could possibly swap for something or other!
  12. artabr

artabr New Member

Other possible trades:

Obozo - the McDonald's clown, still a clown, less dangerous to the country

Pelosi - roll of toilet paper

Barbara Boxer - a chihuahua (sticking with the dog theme but a little less yappie)

Biden - we keep around for laughs

Art
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  13. SpazFreak1911

SpazFreak1911 New Member

well isnt this the reporters faults anyway? the illegally got in to the country from china so i guess north korea being north korea can be crazy and arrest em
  14. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn New Member

:)

He will be good for that. Even better than Dan Quayle. And Dan was pretty good at it. Actually, Bush (the younger) did a pretty good job as well. Granted, you speak enough, you will get caught looking like a dufus.....but he did better than most.

Yes it was. Absolutely. What they did was stupid beyond compare. WTF were they thinking? You don't mess with SK. At all.

I have been wondering about why Clinton was able to do this. There had to be an upside. Perhaps it gives SK some sort of recognition with other countries.....that a former president came over for a visit. A pure PR thing.

In terms of a rescue (diplomatic), Carter usually gets the nod. Clinton getting the 'mission' really confused me.
  15. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

And why not... Carter never rescued anyone while in office. In fact, a condition to the release of hostages from the US embassy in Iran was that Carter be OUT of office. :eek: It makes sense to use him as a diplomatic negotiator now... :D
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009