I Guess OBozo Dosen't Like Sir Winston

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by artabr, Feb 19, 2009.

1. artabr

artabr New Member

This is another heads up from Rush. ;) :)

http://www.newkerala.com/topstory-fullnews-95870.html

Obama returns Churchill's bust back to Britain with 'thanks but no thanks' message

Washington, Feb. 18 : A bronze bust of the former prime minister Sir Winston Churchill, which British Government loaned to George W Bush in the wake of the 9/11 attacks as a symbol of the strong transatlantic relationship, has now been handed back.

The Telegraph quoted a British Embassy spokesman, as saying: "It was lent for the first term of office of President Bush. When the President was elected for his second and final term, the loan was extended until January 2009. The new President has decided not to continue this loan and the bust has now been returned. It is on display at the Ambassador's Residence."

The bronze bust is a Sir Jacob Epstein creation worth hundreds of thousands of pounds.
    When British officials offered to let Obama continue hanging it in the White House, his reply was 'Thanks, but no thanks.'

Obama openly cited the words and works of his hero Abraham Lincoln and now since taking over the presidency, a bust of Lincoln sits in the Oval Office.

The rejection of the bust has made some British officials nervous over how much influence the UK can wield with the new regime in Washington, and may force Gordon Brown to think about offering an alternative symbol of Anglo-American camaraderie when he visits Washington to meet Obama for the first time since he became President.

--- ANI

Art
  2. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Uh, and he was 'worthy' of having a symbol of this nature in his residence? Naw.
  3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Too bad we can't ship Barry over there:p
  4. momo

momo Former Guest

I know, let's ask the Brits for the bust back and we'll give them Obama.:D
  5. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Thanks but nooooo thanks.

Strange, Churchill was not only a great wartime leader and ex professional soldier, but half American. What would anyone have against him?
  6. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Britain produced two of the finest statesmen of the century in my opinion, Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher. I take this as a personal insult as well as an insult to the Brits and free people everywhere. I imagine a bust of Che Guevara would be more to their liking.
  7. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Man, you hit the nail right square on the head!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

mike
    gn
  8. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

couldn't have summed it up better.:mad:
  9. cosmo05

cosmo05 New Member

Nope, he's a tool and it is really starting to show. He can't stand in the shadow of any of them, Thatcher, Churchill, or Lincoln. What a loser.
  10. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I can't imagine Obama not wanting to be associated with a man who posed for this picture... :confused:

[​IMG]

:D
  11. obxned

obxned New Member

He would rather have a Neville Chamberlain bust in the White House.
  12. noslolo

noslolo New Member

After the election I prayed that President Obama would prove me wrong about him. I prayed that he would do well and lead the country well. But the last two weeks have given me a sick feeling. How could he say no thanks to the UK for the bust of Sir Churchill. This is a slap in the face to one of, if not our greatest allies. I'm outraged!!!
  13. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

He would rather have a Neville Chamberlain bust in the White House.
    Yet another well-hit nail!
  14. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

It's all very sad and I suspect it will get much worse.

What's that word that come before conquer? Oh yes, divide.
  15. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

I think Obozo gave it back because he didn't know who in the world it depicted since the only great man is him and it wasn't his likeness.