I hate pawn shops

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lead, Feb 24, 2006.

1. lead

lead Well-Known Member

Okay, not all of them.
    I was in the mood to do some dealing and had seen some nice new toys in the shops around here lately. Well, I packed up an old toy that I never play with anymore and went shopping. I went to 3 pawn shops and one gun store. The offers ranged from $225 to $325 on what they would give me. This was on a gun that I know I could take to a gun show and get $350 or more.
    I know guys have to make money but I just can't give something away. I did trade at one of the pawn shops and got a CZ 75 compact.
    I guess that's why internet auctions, and some of the buy-sell-trade pages on sites like this stay so busy. Why take low offers on your stuff when you can get a better deal elsewhere?
  2. xxxxxxl

xxxxxxl New Member

A good friend of mine owned a couple of pawn shops. My favorite quote of his is "It's like a liscense to steal". He is now a retired millionaire.
  3. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

I swore off pawn shops a long time ago. They want you to give them your stuff, and want to charge you over SRP for the used stuff they have. :mad:
  4. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

The thing that I hate about any gun store, is that you are registering the weapon that you bought.

If that business goes out of business, all the weapons that that store ever sold are now registered with the BATF$E.

Speaking of warrantless searches, the patriot act comes into play here too. This gives the BATF$E$A more power to really abuse there power.

It's kind of like dealing with the devil, dangerous.
  5. flopshot

flopshot New Member

do gun dealers ever toss 4473's ? like irs stuff after 7 years ?
  6. henry0reilly

henry0reilly Member

I may be wrong, but I think it's 10 years that FFL's have to keep the 4473's and the bound book indefinitely.
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

While I'm no lawyer, to the best of my knowledge when a firearms sales business goes out of business, they have to send all of there 4473s to the BATF$E$A$S.

Time limit? maybe Marlin knows.
    That still sounds funny :D asking me, no, Marlin, for help. The not me Marlin lol
  8. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

BATF Requirements

Here are two replies to questions on this subject taken from the BATF site WRT FFLs. Hope this helps.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Must a licensee's records be surrendered to ATF if the licensee discontinues his business?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If the business is being discontinued completely, the licensed dealer, manufacturer or importer is required, within 30 days, to forward his records to the following address: [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bureau of ATF
    Out-of-Business Records Center
    882 T.J. Jackson Drive
    Falling Waters, West Virginia 25419
    [/font]​

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Failure to surrender your required records is a felony and could result in the licensee being fined up to $250,000, imprisoned up to five years, or both. A licensee discontinuing business must immediately notify the licensing center in Atlanta, Georgia. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If someone is taking over the business, the original licensee will underline the final entry in each bound book, note the date of transfer, and forward all records and forms to the successor (who must apply for and receive his own license before lawfully engaging in business) or forward the records and forms to the ATF Out-of-Business Records Center. If the successor licensee receives records and forms from the original licensee, the successor licensee may choose to forward these records and forms to the ATF Out-of-Business Record Center. The successor licensee will begin business with a new set of records reflecting any beginning inventory on hand.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][18 U. S. C. 923(g)(4), 27 CFR 178.127][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What records am I required to forward to ATF upon discontinuance of my business?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The records consist of the licensee's bound acquisition/disposition (A/D) records, ATF Forms 4473, ATF Forms 5300.35 (the Brady forms), ATF Forms 3310.4 (Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers), and records of transactions in semiautomatic assault weapons. If the licensee was granted a variance to use a computerized recordkeeping system, the licensee is required to provide a complete print-out of his entire A/D records, and an ASCII tet file (conforming to common industry standards) along with a file description.[/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][27 CFR 178.127][/font]
  9. flopshot

flopshot New Member

so no matter when i bought something, hilary, harry, nancy and chuck are going to know about it ?
  10. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

YO Floppie buy frum IB----------only paper b ben franklins capeesh? :cool:
  11. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

If you bought is since the 4473's were required.......YUP. :(
  12. flopshot

flopshot New Member

im heerin dem dang joisey guns r got em gps satemalite chips fer google serchin kamras :eek: