I have a question about the diffrences between two like revolvers

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Mosin_Nagant_Fan, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan New Member

The S&W 36 & 37, is there any real differences between those two guns? They look the same (The snubby version) and, for the most part, look the same. So what's different?
  2. TheJakster2

TheJakster2 New Member

My book says the the Model 37 has a alloy frame and cylinder, everything else was the same as the Model 36 except models prior to 1998 were not rated for high velocity ammo. Model 37 designation came along in 1957. Model 36 introduced as the "Chief's Target Special" Model 37 was Chief's Special Airweight.

Jake
  3. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

I own one of each. Both are great little guns. They do look alike, and in a holster I'd pick the Model 36. For pocket carry, definitely the Model 37.

The alloy-frame Model 37 is made for folks who carry but (in the real world) probably won't ever need their gun. IMO the M37 is about the best purse/fanny pack/briefcase revolver S&W ever made.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  4. BillP

BillP New Member

I carried a 37 off duty for many years. It's small size and light weight make it ideal to tuck away when you are wearing light weight clothing that's not good with a holster. Many a time it wound up in my wife's purse which wasn't as bad as it sounds because she was a hell of a shot in those days. :)
  5. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan New Member

Anyone have problems with the S&W 637? Just wondering.
    Last edited: May 2, 2008