I have a question

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by justsomeguy, May 5, 2012.

  1. justsomeguy

    justsomeguy New Member

    Jan 2, 2012
    Detroit Mich
    So whats the skinney on automatics? I live in Michigan i am a dealer not a class 3 but a dealer. What is the first step in obtaining the correct documentation. Then after that what am i allowed to do? At this point can i convert my AR to full auto? I have heard about the tax stamp but i dont fully understand it, Do i need just one or do i need one for each auto i own.
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
  2. Alpo

    Alpo Well-Known Member

    Feb 3, 2007
    NW Florida
    What are you asking? Since you are a dealer, are you asking about the documentation needed to be a NFA-item dealer? Or just the documentation needed to own NFA stuff?

    DO NOT convert your AR. Bad Ju-Ju. Ten years and 250,000 dollar fine.

  3. Iron Eagle

    Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

    Feb 17, 2012
    When you got your ffl, you should have gotten a bunch of paperwork with it. Read through it to find your answers. If you can't find it, call the batf and talk to someone. Better to find out then burn. Might be more than you want to mess with.
  4. justsomeguy

    justsomeguy New Member

    Jan 2, 2012
    Detroit Mich
    Ive tried reading i know its buried in there but very hard to find. i want to know about owning and operating hell i called the ATF and to be a dealer all i have to do is send them a grand and i am good. I just see all these new conversions and crap even the tv shows are making autos i just dont understand the licensing on it.
Similar Threads
Forum Title Date
NFA Firearms & Related Items Quick NFA question Nov 25, 2016
NFA Firearms & Related Items NAA WALLET HOLSTER QUESTION Oct 18, 2016
NFA Firearms & Related Items Form 1 Question. Dec 15, 2014
NFA Firearms & Related Items Couple SBR questions Nov 4, 2013
NFA Firearms & Related Items form 1 question for supressors Oct 28, 2013