1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

I have gone from .22 to 17 HMR

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Palmetto, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Palmetto

Palmetto New Member

I like the .22 for the obvious economic reasons, but I am amazed at the 17 HMR round. I shoot my .17 more than my .22 these days.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

shoot what you like , thats the good thing about our hobby , theres something to suit everyones wish want or taste ..

i dropped my .17's , to standardise on ammo mainly

.22 is way cheaper here too and .22 WMR does what the LR wont in most places

then i can go 22-250 or 5.56Nato or .303 LE .308 NATO or .300 or .416 as needed

i dropped .17's ( both) except for the sako quad which will go elsewhere and a few other calibres , 8 is enough for rifles
  3. pops42

pops42 New Member

high up on the blue ridge mountains of Va.
    i like them both ,but i recken i shoot my 22s alot more then my 17s ,i save them for when i am in the mood to hunt ,and the 22s are a bit cheaper to shoot alot
    hey jack you ever caught one of them sharks down yonder,from where they seem to be all over down there ? i liked that picture ,i recken that poor ol fella wasnt expecting to be caught his self when he droped that line in ,lol
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

its a spin off of a real thing , some of the Vietnamese folks here wont be told , every year mako rock gets 1 or two , mako's will jump to get you ..

and yes i do a lot of shark fishing, good flakes of white meat

not my biggest but definitely the best story ..

catch a 6 foot bronze whaler ( fast fish eating shark good eating )

think ya gonna get maybe 80lbs of meat right ?

try 1700 ib of tiger shark latching on and eating ya dinner then catching himself

Attached Files:

5. pops42

pops42 New Member

high up on the blue ridge mountains of Va.
    daggone ,i recken it took awhile to get him in ,i figured you fished for them , i have always heard they was some good eating , i bet that little one wished he had never went for the bait on your hook when that bigen swollowed him, but i recken you didnt mind from where you got 2 for the price of one
  6. popgun

popgun New Member

not sure I understand what sharks have to do with this thread? Do you shoot them with a .17 after you hook them?