I have gone from .22 to 17 HMR

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Palmetto, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Palmetto

Palmetto New Member

I like the .22 for the obvious economic reasons, but I am amazed at the 17 HMR round. I shoot my .17 more than my .22 these days.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

shoot what you like , thats the good thing about our hobby , theres something to suit everyones wish want or taste ..

i dropped my .17's , to standardise on ammo mainly

.22 is way cheaper here too and .22 WMR does what the LR wont in most places

then i can go 22-250 or 5.56Nato or .303 LE .308 NATO or .300 or .416 as needed

i dropped .17's ( both) except for the sako quad which will go elsewhere and a few other calibres , 8 is enough for rifles
  3. pops42

pops42 New Member

high up on the blue ridge mountains of Va.
    i like them both ,but i recken i shoot my 22s alot more then my 17s ,i save them for when i am in the mood to hunt ,and the 22s are a bit cheaper to shoot alot
    hey jack you ever caught one of them sharks down yonder,from where they seem to be all over down there ? i liked that picture ,i recken that poor ol fella wasnt expecting to be caught his self when he droped that line in ,lol
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

its a spin off of a real thing , some of the Vietnamese folks here wont be told , every year mako rock gets 1 or two , mako's will jump to get you ..

and yes i do a lot of shark fishing, good flakes of white meat

not my biggest but definitely the best story ..

catch a 6 foot bronze whaler ( fast fish eating shark good eating )

think ya gonna get maybe 80lbs of meat right ?

try 1700 ib of tiger shark latching on and eating ya dinner then catching himself

Attached Files:

5. pops42

pops42 New Member

high up on the blue ridge mountains of Va.
    daggone ,i recken it took awhile to get him in ,i figured you fished for them , i have always heard they was some good eating , i bet that little one wished he had never went for the bait on your hook when that bigen swollowed him, but i recken you didnt mind from where you got 2 for the price of one
  6. popgun

popgun New Member

not sure I understand what sharks have to do with this thread? Do you shoot them with a .17 after you hook them?