I Have Mosinitis.......BAD!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by gandog56, Jul 19, 2009.

1. gandog56

gandog56 Member

A year ago January, I had zero Mosin Nagants. Now here's what I got in the order I got them in.

1936 91/30 Tula Lammy
    1948 M44 Izzy Lammy
    1942 M38 Izzy Lammy
    1943 91/30 Tula
    1943 91/30 Hex Tula
    1915-1917? M91 New England Westinghouse (Bubba'ed)
    1943 91/59 Izzy
    1941 Finn Capture 91/30 Izzy SA stamped barrel
    1942 91-30 Izzy
    1944 VKT M39
    1938 Finn Capture 91/30 Izzy SA stamped Barrel

And I still need an M27, M28, and a Remmy!:D
  2. pawn

pawn New Member

Outstanding. Is there a favorite or do you love all your children equally? :D
  3. momo

momo Former Guest

you just have a mild case!

Attached Files:

4. momo

momo Former Guest

you have a mild case continued (whoops pics 3&4 of the previous post are the same)

Attached Files:

5. There is no known therapy for your addiction, gandog. Sad to say, it just becomes worse and worse. All you can do is feed the addiction with ever increasing numbers of Mosins, and, of course, lots and lots of 7.62 x 54R ;)
  6. Ed Wagner

Ed Wagner Member

There is a treatment, Get 2 M1 Garands a month for 6 months. May not work but sounds like fun. Very nice MN collection.
  7. gandog56

gandog56 Member

Huh? I can get almost 10 Mosin Nagants for the price of a single Garand.

Not that I don't want one, though.;)
  8. Peyton

Peyton New Member

Ok some of you gents seem to really know your Mosin rifles so ridel me this please. I want to get a M91 and convert it to ancient/modern scoped shooter capable of taking a Elk, which I have ehards of here and dropping him quickly and humanel out to 235 yards.

This is because when the Elk come here during hunting season (often at 20 below zero) that is where they hang out on my property ( about 235 yards) and i can use my front deck railing as rifle rest.

It somehow isn't the same when I use the Wincheser Model 70, 7mm Rem Mag and Leopold scope,because it is all too easy. But it sure drops them right on the spot where they are hit and instantly. And I harvest one Elk a year as my wife of these 36 years and me can't even eat all that in year.

I feel if I used an old rifle like the Mosin, I would somehow have more 'class' somehow and my smile of smug satisfaction would increase in width, not just at the 'harvest' but each time at the dinner table too. Maybe I will put my Mosin over the fireplace so I can look at it at the same time I am eating the bounty it provided us.

Hence please educate me here do I:

1-Do I go Hex or round reciever ?

2- Do I use an Adavnmced technlogy scope mount or some other means to attach the scope?

3- What type scope would oyu use for this rifle?

4-For actual hunting the Elk, what ammo should I use?

On a side note her regarding the longer range accuracy potential of a Mosin: I have three firing ranges on my colorado ranch property and well while I certainly feel that I am adequately armed here and thus well prepared for any 'brain eating legions of the undead' as any Zombie invasion would surely create, I would just feel better about being able to make head shots on the 'living dead' out to at least 400 yards. Is this realizable with the rifle? I can shoot decently enough I feel what groups will a good bored Mosin hold at real rnage?.

Thanks for your input, and please understand that I try to enjoy every dam minute I have left on this planet, and as for humor, well I can surely see that you good dudes realize just how sad all our lives be without it. :)

I know bore conditon etc means a great deal here, but these M91 beauties can be had for $100 each now.
  9. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

[​IMG]

An accute infection of Mosinitis can Mosintastisize in many areas. You could find yourself with a Russian sword with rings to hold the Mosin 1891 spike bayonet (and with the realization that you did not buy it because it's a cool Cossack sword but because it would hold a Mosin bayonet).
  10. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

[​IMG]

To feed the fever, this is a 1916 Tula, with an excellent bore, all matching original numbers, never rebuilt, no import marks and no Finnish capture marks. I think, but have no way of proving it, that it was brought back from North Russia by a member of the Polar Bear Division.
  11. WRC

WRC New Member

12. NPGunsmith

NPGunsmith Member

I can't wait til this is released!

Attached Files: