I havent heard much about the Ruger Single Ten...

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Zane71464, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

...so I saw them on Rugers website and havent seen them out in the gun stores around my neck of the woods until this weekend.
    The first gun store had one and I feel in love at 1st sight, just couldnt come to the fact that it was $555.00! I instantly fell in love with the Williams fiber optic sights, front and rear. I went home and thought about it and came up with the thought of, taking my Ruger Super Blackhawk (.44mag/10.5" barrel) in and seeing what happens.
    Went to another shop and the guy had just gotten one in and the serial # was under 1,000 of the 1st made. Took the SB Hawk in and made an even trade...gun for gun...I brought it home, cleaned the heck out of it and fired a few rounds through it and cleaned it again and hope to dial the sights in tomorrow!!! Awesome shooting gun, right along with the Single Six!
    I was wondering if anyone else has tried/bought one?

Attached Files:

2. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

Damn nice gun. I will be getting one when they show up here!
  3. Zane71464

I thought they were to be out at the begining of the year, but on my manual (which is a single six manual with a parts list for the single ten) the date printed was 6/11.
    Cant wait to get out and adjust the rear sights to make it spot-on!
  4. Zane71464

I had to try and capture the sights on this with the camera and also that 10 shot cylinder. The grips are different as well, they have a sort of "groved" out mid section on both grips through the center...fits the hands better.

Attached Files:

5. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

That is a gorgeous gun and a great post. You have made my wish list a lot longer.

Dang, that thing is beautiful.
  6. Just22s

Just22s New Member

Nice gun, I have a 10 shot S&W 617 and a 12 Shot US FireArms this will make a nice addition.
  7. cutter

cutter New Member

Do they come with .22 mag cylinder?
  8. cutter

cutter New Member

sorry about all the posts, my puter was acting up!
  9. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

They dont come with a 22mag cylinder. My supplier had 40-50 of these in stock but refused to sell me one. They arent impressed with my bank account balance. I will be getting some when they saturate. Should be able to sell them for around 480.00. Thats IF I can get them!
  10. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

Nice looking gun.It sounds great to shot all those rounds without reloading.I have a stainless 6-1/2 single six.Congratulations on your gun buy.
  11. popgun

popgun New Member

I'd by one if it came in a convertable w/22 mag cyl.
  12. Zane71464

Nope, strictly .22LR only.
    Hey Double D, I wonder why they arent out more then what they are, or more easyier to get? I was wondering for the fact I havent seen them out till this pat weekend and only ran accross 3 in this area???:confused:

So far, Ive put close to a thousand rounds through it and it truly is an accurate shooting .22 single action....golf balls all day long at 50yds and also several at 100yds.;)
  13. raydcarter

raydcarter New Member

I should think the accuracy would be improved since it's designed for one round only instead of two.
  14. Double D

My supplier has changed their tactics. Instead of them showing me how many they have in stock and refusing to sell them to me, they block the inventory amount from me and just sell them to their "buddys" or big money boys, depends on how you want to word it. My money isnt good enough. I am used to it by now.
  15. H-D

H-D Active Member

The shop I deal with has a supplier with a site where you can see how many there are but the new stuff always says "allocated" and its a small shop so they never get anything "allocated" to them...
  16. Double D

Exactly. I used to see them in stock but you call them and they wont sell them to you unless you are on their "list". I have even offered to pay more money for items and they wont sell them to me. My money is no good. Or what I should say is my "lack" of money is no good.
  17. H-D

H-D Active Member

some of our motorcycle parts suppliers do the same thing
  18. popgun

popgun New Member

Ruger is way behind on production, It my be months or even next year before they catch up.