I hear this about volt sales and layoffs

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by cycloneman, Mar 5, 2012.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I hear sales of the volt are down and gm is laying off 1300 workers because of it.

No i dont have a link just take my word for it. You dont really need proof of this to know this was going to happen?
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Government Motors laying of folks !!

after all that money they paid to investors!!!! ( a few anyway)

and the bonus's they gave to the new management !!!!

and all them promises they made !!!

( seriously what did anyone expect ??)
  3. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

4. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I couldn't care less about any of the GM workers (at any level), in a freemarket economy, if a company can't make it without taxpayer help, they should go through bankruptcy. Anytime the government gets involved, they pick who they want to win and as a result someone else loses. Let the freemarket economy work.

If the company I work for was going broke, the government wouldn't bail us out and no one at GM would care. As a matter of fact, most people in the country wouldn't even hear about it, since we are not one of the government pet company. Myself and the wife would do whatever it takes to find work, and even if we didn't we have done the responsible thing and saved money.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  5. Juker

Juker New Member

So that's what ... three?
  6. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

+1
  7. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

Thank you, I figured I'd get hammered for my feelings on this and I'm sure someone still will come along and say how evil I am for thinking this way.

It is not the governments job to pick what company they want to win by giving them handouts or tax breaks. Those handouts are coming out of our pockets in order for them to buy votes and some other company and employees will suffer because of it.
  8. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

obummer said he wantes a volt after he is out of office. I hope he gets it soon.

I wonder what he will use it for, maybe a golf cart. It's not good for anything else. Too small to haul watermelons or Moochelle.
  9. Juker

Juker New Member

Watch for some new massive tax credit for buying a Volt and saving the world.
  10. BlackEagle

Well, maybe four on a good day. Government is trying to force dealers to take them as inventory, but the dealers aren't having it because the dealers have to sell cars to make money.
  11. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The feds were told by Chevy that 10,000 volts had been pre ordered. They sold just over 7K. Orders seem to disappear after some small mechanical problems, like catching fire.

I don't think bHo's mini commercial for them, is gonna do squat.
  12. Juker

Juker New Member

Even if they actually worked, and did what they're "supposed" to do... $40,000? Seriously? You can buy a beater and a lotta gas for that kinda coin.
  13. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

MOOCHELLE would not be caught dead in a volt.
  14. al45lc

al45lc Active Member

I was as or more adamant than that, you've no worries along those lines.
    I'm all for buying American, but the American market MUST abide by the same unwritten laws of free enterprise as any others.
    The Volt IS a FARCE, hell, a person can do better with the gas mileage from a Hyundai Accent for less than $14,000. So the Volt's outragous $40,000 (start) price makes it a stupid idea. At $4 a gallon, a hyundai can go 250,000 miles on the savings! Who the hell really drives that much anyway? Very few people do, so NO ONE who buys a Volt will ever see the savings! They are literally throwing their money away.
    Stupid, stupid, stupid. And of course, Americans aren't THAT stupid, as the poor sales figures prove.
  15. BlackEagle

So when the Volt runs out of juice and is being recharged, is it now reVolting? :dontknow: :rolleyes:

Just wanted to spark up the thread a little with an electrifying comment. :D