I hope this guy is around come daylight!

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by Zane71464, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I plan on going bow hunting in the morning. I have a feeder out back and here is this (nice sized) body buck with a 4 point rack. Hopefully he'll be out near my stand about 500yrds across the field in the morning, I hope! {wishful thinking}
    The pic isnt real clear, but itching to have at it in the morning.:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Where you hunting at in Ohio? I used to live there and did a lot of hunting around Chilicothe, Piqua, London, and Greenville.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Good luck !!!
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Hey Big ugly, I hunt just south of Chilicothe. {small world} Didnt make it out this morning, but the deer around here, all around here are over populated. The total tally after gun season was down a bit fron last year. And this year in this area there was a BIG lack of acorns.
    And during gun season around here I dont know where in the world all the hunters were. I myself only hunted 2 days of gun season. But since early summer around here I was out watching and looking at them and I couldnt believe how many there were and how they were out and about.
    But after gun season I put out a feeder and you talk about them going through the feed...I feed them right behind my house just to keep them healthly for the winter and alot of people around here are doing that as well.
    And since my feeder is on my property and no-one hunts close to it {including myself} they arnt in danger of being lured in. Since I started feeding them, I dont allow any hunting on my place. I do however have a stand set up over 500 yards across a feild in a good spot that I bow hunt from.
  5. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Good luck and post some pictures if you get lucky.
  6. red14

red14 Active Member

Heck, if I 'get lucky', I'll film a movie!:rolleyes::D:D:D
  7. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Yeah we used to hunt there off Walnut creek rd, just outside of Tar Hollow SF. Its been a little while since I hunted out that way though. 6+years. The deer population out there had always been real good. Big bucks and good sized Doe too.