I.J. 22 Supershot Q...b.goforth?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by randyp49, Nov 15, 2009.

1. randyp49

randyp49 New Member

Hi All, newbie here,
    I have an I.J. 22 Supershot, 7-round, Ser. #K 2647, had it so long I don't even recall where I got it. It is missing the trigger and guard, trigger return spring, other than that it's all there, I think, don't have a schematic, Numerich doesn't list it. The bore is quite good and cyl lockup is not bad. I'm looking for a trigger and guard the 3 pins just to complete it for a wallhanger or even get it shootable. Anyone know if these parts would be out there somewhere? Thanks.

Randy

p.s. A search brought me here and to 'b.goforth'.
  2. hankhill33

hankhill33 New Member

Try Lee's Gun Parts Irving Texas on Pioneer Rd
    He is only open on Tue Wednesday Trursday 9am to 5pm
    You can look up his # on the internet
    If he doesn't have it he can tell you where to get it
    Have paper and pen ready
    His phone is busy alot so keep trying you wont be sorry!
    Hank
  3. randyp49

randyp49 New Member

Thanks, Hank, will try them.
  4. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

Randyp49,
    You can easily make any pin from drill bits. Just check the size, cut it off to length with a dremel wheel. Peen down one end of the pin to hold it. Polish the ends, and use Birchwood Casey's perma blue and a qtip to blue them.
    Trigger return springs are easy to manufacture also. Use a "flexible" hacksaw blade. Cut it to length using the existing hole as the hole that's needed. Bend the piece to fit, and trim down to shape with the dremel grinding wheel. As soon as you get it to fit, heat the piece to dull cherry red color, and then plunge it into cold automotive oil.
    I am shooting IJs and H&R revolvers with home-made parts I made a long time ago. I guess I'm just an old cheapskate! :D:D
  5. FW!

FW! New Member

6. randyp49

randyp49 New Member

Old Gun Guy; Thanks for those tips, still need a trigger, guard and indexing pawl.

FW; Thanks...found him on a search, calling tomorrow.
  7. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

serial number K2647 made in 1928, there were 3,900 made that years.

when tring to get a hold of lee's gun parts it might be best to send him a fax. also try numrich arms. parts are the same as for safety automatic revolver third model (or new model)

22 SUPERSHOT AUTOMATIC (LARGE FRAME)----------------------1928-1941
    Features HAMMER the HAMMER ACTION, MODEL 70 (chambered for 7 rounds), MODEL 90 (chambered for 9 rounds); Built on the Safety Automatic Hammer Third Model large frame. Blue finish, 6 inch barrel length, one piece checkered wood grips; .22 rimfire caliber; most specifications same as Safety Automatic Hammer revolver large frame; Weight 24 ounces; Overall length 10 ¾ inches. Barrel marked on left side “22 SUPERSHOT”. Main serial number location on left side of grip frame grips must be removed to see.
    VALUE: 100%=$250 60%=$125
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  8. randyp49

randyp49 New Member

b.goforth,
    Thank you for that info. Will do the fax.

Randy