I joined the National Guard and I got my first three guns :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coreyacp, Jul 24, 2010.

1. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

So it has been so long since I have been on here. Like I think about 6 months... Well my computer literally caught on fire...long story... and I was like I'm not going to get a crappy replacement I might as well save up and get one to replace mine thats the absolute best. Well I now am using a Macbook Pro 13 inch which is the smallest screen out of all the pros. I was going to get the 17 inch for its power but I dont need the screen so I left the apple store went online to the online apple store and ordered a 13 in pro with 8 gigs of ram instead of four I upgradedthe hard drive from a 250 gig hard drive to a 512. This computer is amazing and I love it. I saved up my whole senior year for it. Now to the guns...
    My graduation (from hs) present
    A m14 socom with subdued navy acu camo with rail and a trijicon acog

The socom was a present
    then I bought a remington 870 in 12 guage
    and a mosin nagant 91/30

That was my guns now for my life lol
    I joined the Oregon National Guard. (yes I am from Palm Springs Cali but it sucks here so much!)
    I am, now hopefully i get this right, in the 3-116th armored Cav 3rd rifle regiment bravo company out of woodburn oregon.
    I am a 11b which is infantry. I ship out to basic training on the 4th of october to fort benning Georgia. When I get out of basic I will get an apartment up in Portland Oregon and Start rotc/college at portland state and strive to become an officer in the us military. My girlfriend is moving up with me the sec I get out of basic and she will go to school up there and we are starting the spring quarter there.
    So yeah told you I was out for awhile anyway thats whats up
    I cant wait for Basic an the start of my career :)
    anyway whats up with you guys?:)
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Sounds great, Cory. I was wondering what was going on with you. Good moves.

Pops
  3. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

Thanks man :)
  4. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Way to go Corey, I am so proud to know one of our Young Guns is joining the fight.
  5. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

yeah there is nothing I would rather do my mom was completely confused wanted me to go to ucsd and go with my friends my dad wanted me to go to the coast guard academy but I dont like boats lol and all i want to do is be a soldier. its funny because peope keep saying oh ur doing it for the free college huh? and im like no the only reason that im even going to college is to BETTER serve as a officer. All my friends are so confused they thought I was going to go and be a poly sci major. My peeps confusion is funny and sad at the same time :/
  6. big steve

big steve New Member

Good for you man.
  7. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

College . ... Service . . . . . both great decisions.
    Sounds like a very strong foundation, and a great way to start a good life.

Congrats!!!
  8. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

Thanks
    Oh an all this praise reminds me what I was going to share a experience with you guys.
    I was at the airport after enlisting heading back to Palm Springs in the portland airport and i have been issued a temporary uniform for my recruitment sustainment program and I only carry on so i wore it with my combat boots acu pants an the rest fit in my bag so Im standing there in line at security and the guy behind me started talking here is the conversation
    Weird guy: hey you in the army?
    Me: Well i just enlisted into the national guard
    guy: whats Your job?
    me: infantry sir why were you in the military?
    guy: (laughs) nope. (he sighs) what a waste
    my girlfriend: (she whispers to me) whats he mad about
    me:I said very loudly) He is just mad because he doesnt have the ##### to stand up away from his computer and tv and krispy kreme
    guy: Yeah well good luck trying to afford a computer or even a car when you have no legs and cant work
    me: (i pull out my mac) really i cant afford one
    And then as I was about to hand valerie my computer and beat the crap out of this guy a tsa guy yelled at me an allowed me to skip to the front of the line and patted me on the back and said not to take it personally.
    Then an older couple who witnessed it all upgraded me an my girlfriend for free to first class! but can u imagine people these days god
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Glad to hear your doing ok

i have some friends in Oregon, can you do it at OSU Corvalis ?

just askin is all , ;) connections that way eh
  10. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thanks for serving Corey. It sounds as if this is the first step towards a good career path, military or not.

Good luck and keep us posted.
  11. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Good to hear form you again Corey, and it's good to hear about all the good things happening in your life. I salute you young man! Go with God!
  12. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

Corey, so what if you were thinking that your college would be paid? You have taken the right steps to getting going with your life and thanks for your service young man! Congrats to your gf for supporting you too. Take the high road, and your life will mean something. To you and yours.
  13. artabr

artabr New Member

Congrats, Corey. Thanks for your service and devotion.
    It's great to hear from you. Please stay in touch & keep us posted.

Art
  14. retired grunt

retired grunt New Member

I honor of this auspicious occassion I will provide you with a sentence that you should commit to memory " Drill Sergeant, Private Coreyacp requests permission to recover"

I would also highly suggest you start working out with emphasis on running,pushups and sit-ups
    This is the standards for Physical Training http://www.usma.edu/dpe/testing/apft_scorecard (da form 705).pdf
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Good to hear corey. Glad your on the path to your dreams. Id really like to see pics of the irons.