I just bought 9mm?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by easyflow, Apr 20, 2011.

1. PanhandlePop

PanhandlePop Member

As others said in one fashion or another, modern design JHP that runs reliably and shoots accurately through your weapon. What I've settled on (Rem Golden Saber 147) won't necessarily work best for you.
  2. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

Here is my review on defensive loads for my Ruger SR9c

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I preferred the Golden Saber or Federal 147grain Hydra-Shok
    Could not get my hands on any Federal HST but I heard that is awesome stuff also.
  3. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

I agree you have to be sure the rounds will cycle in YOUR gun, and it got too expensive for me to keep running the CorBons etc through two 9mm's. I use Win White Box for plinking, and they have JHPs, too, so now I just but the WWB JHPs for plinking and SD. I know it's not the perfect HP, but both pistols are high-cap, 16 or 17 rounds of WWB HPs should do the job.
  4. Boris

Boris Former Guest

The projectile in the WWB personal protection box is still one of the best you can get. It just lacks a fancy name and a snazzy package, thats it. Back in the 90s the 115 was the Ranger LEO projectile and the 147 was also the Ranger LEO load. The projectile in the 147 is the famous projectile used in the Winchester OSM round from the late 80s. it was the shiznitz back then and it still works just as good today. The 147 is still also an issue item for conflicts other than war for some, guess what? It works great and we can all buy it at the local walmart real cheap. Compared to the whizzbang over advertised fancy packaged stuff these days, it works just as good and in MOST cases better. The 147 is my prefered 9mm load for defense followed by the 124 XTP.

You might think its not perfect or may have been told that. If anything it would be the perfect hollowpoint. Never fails, penetrates deep and is easy on the pocket. Dont let anyone talk you into these newfangled rounds out today, they will not work any better than what you have......
  5. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member