I just can't help it.......

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Brass Tacks, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

Brought this home this afternoon, a Beretta 92 FS. Not sure why, just had to have it. It must be a sickness

[​IMG]
  2. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

Congradulations on a very nice 92FS! Great shooters. I had two other 9mm's when I bought my 92FS, but those two are old German war relics, and although both are in great shape, they are old. Needed something that I could fire a bunch of ammo thru and not worry about wrecking a piece of history. Besides, the Beretta fists my M7 GI shoulder holster when I'm plowing or mending fences.
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Beauty! I'm guessing that it's new from the looks of it. I'm not much of a 9mil fan, but I do love to shoot the 92's. They're tons of fun.
  4. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nice 92. I had one in 9mm and it was fun to shoot. A range report will be needed.
  5. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

It is indeed new. A while back the indoor range we attend moved his front door, making customers walk by the display cases. Very smart move on his part!

just returned frome the range......

I think it's a keeper! 100 rounds fired without a hiccup. This is the first magazine (15 rounds) fired, at 15 yards, two hand.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  6. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Sweet gun i've always liked the Berettas but don't have one. Looks like the gun on the sign at work that tells you no firearms, simple red circle with a slash through it and a gun in the center. I told my boss I don't own a Beretta so looks like that that sign don't apply to me.
  7. lead

lead Active Member

Good shooting! It looks like you found a nice one.
  8. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have one and understand why the military adopted it. Personally, I prefer 1911 45ACP's but If I'm shooting 9's it is my Beretta.

I also believe that Beretta is the longest family owned arms business in the world.
  9. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I've had the compact version since it was introduced and like it much. Need night sites, tho.
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    If I ever buy a 9, it will be the Beretta 92FS. I love the looks of this gun!
  11. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

This is the first non 1911 platform I've purchased for myself since 1986. I did acquire a P seies Sig years ago to settle a debt so I don't count it.

They claim to have started business in 1526.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  12. Donnie D

Donnie D New Member

Don't feel bad. In the last 3 weeks I've gotten a Smith & Wesson model 65LS Lady Smith for my wife, as well as a Rossi R98 .22 revolver and an AR15 for myself. GITRDUUUNNNNNN!!

Donnie D :D
  13. denny 714

denny 714 Member

Hey Brass best of Luck with it....sure is Sweet !!!.....