I just did..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Txquadhunter, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

The hardiest thing in my life. the Dr and nurses said my Mom's stomack has shut down and rejecting the food from the feeding tube and her kidney's are slowly shutting down. We was told the only reason She's still holding on is because everyone hasn't told her it's ok to go and be out of pain. after told this everyone but one has told her and that one was me.

Since my Mom and I has a real tight bond. It was all i could do to build up the nerve to tell her it was ok to go in peace and be out of pain. I truely believe even know I told her it was ok to go that she didn't take and still holding on because of me. It's hard to take.

So after what she told us. we've been watching the flowers that was sent to her while in her last hospital stay. The flowers are pretty much dead and we asked her if she wanted us to throw them out. She said No! She's taking them with her. We've all noticed that every day 1 single pettle will fall off the flowers no matter how much they bumped or moved. So we think there the count down on how many day's she has left.

Now here's the wierd part. One of my nurses played a wind up music box when she was preg. so the baby would have something to listen too. Once the baby was born they wound up the music so the baby would hear it once it was born. The baby had medical problems. as soon as the wound the music box up the thrid time. Just as soon as the babies heart stopped, so did the music box it was still fully wound up.

Then after what my nurse said about theb music box and what my Mom said about the flowers. I think everyone has a sign or something that counts down the time you have left.

Thanks for all the prayers and support yall here at TFF has given me thru this hard time. yall are truely a great bunch and a exstend part of my family.
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

We're here whenever you need us, TQH. Please keep us posted, and know that you and your family are in our prayers.
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

If you need a shoulder, just pick up the phone. I'm here for whatever you need. If there is something I can do, please let me know. Your family is in my prayers. Stay well, friend!
  4. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Prayers continue, TQH.

If you need us, you know where we are and just pick up the phone --- Call collect, if need be.

Attached Files:

5. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:( awe! i'm so sorry you're in this situation. you're in our prayers.
  6. hillbilly_joe

hillbilly_joe New Member

I AM SORRY ABOUT THAT
    YOU ARE IN THE PRAYERS OF MY FAMILY AND ME
  7. Carl S

Carl S New Member

Txquadhunter, I'm so sorry. You and she are definitely on my prayer list.
  8. swanshot

swanshot New Member

We nursed my wife's mother in our house until she died here at home, so I have some idea of what you're goin through. I wish I had some wonderfull words of wisdom for you, but all I can say is "just keep doing what you're doing and let it happen as it happens".
    My prayers are with you.
  9. keppler

keppler New Member

I've been there my friend so I know what your going thru. Just remember all the love and good times you shared and laugh at the trouble spots.

If there is anything we can do please ask.
  10. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Yep Txq!...Never think your alone...goin through it here too...
  11. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

Thanks for all the support yall.

This is one up and down roller coaster ride that's for sure. My Dad and I had to take off for a few hours today to let some know that we didn't have phone contact with. My G/F stayed with my Mom while we did. My Mom said she was hungry and ate a few bites of chicken and some clam chowder was able to hold it down without getting sick for the first time in awhile. So there going to try the feeding tube again tomorrow and see what happens. I just hope and pray that what they told us the other day was wrong and this go well again. This up for a few days then bottom falls out a few days will drain ya.

Then today after some calling one of her wishes can't be followed thru. She wanted her body donated to sience in hopes of maybe helping others. But they told us they won't take her because she's under wieght. to me it sounds crrazy for them to, but i sure dunno how they do things.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2004
  12. Greg

Greg New Member

A couragious and selfless thing to do-true love. Once again, I feel your pain, and you are in our prayers.

To everything there is a season, and a purpose....

God bless you and your family.
  13. stash247

stash247 New Member

TQH & his MOM

Been there, done that.
    Your Mom was /is your best friend, but,she gets tired, too.
    Maybe the best way to look at this is, to "Let go,and let God".
    Friend, I've been down this road, and all the quality time you can spend with her is a plus; it won't extend her allotted hours one minute, but will make them more meaningful, both to her, and to you.
    None of us get a guarantee on the number, or quality, of the years we will be here; if we are nice people, our peers, and survivors, will so note.
    Hope this helps, in some small way, Terry