I just shot off an Email to NRA

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Haligan, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Haligan

Haligan Active Member

The NRA should be looking into this stuff.

"Let me get this straight, I now need a "permit" to carry a concealed weapon.
    I now need a permit to do any work(and I do mean any) on my house.
    Now I need a PERMIT to excersise my 1st ammendment right(speech, assembly, grievences)"

OUR GOVERNMENT NOW REQUIRES US TO OBTAIN A PERMIT TO EXERSISE OUR 1ST AMMENDMENT RIGHT.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  2. 45nut

45nut New Member

Good idea! :D
  3. Southern Boy

Southern Boy New Member

Guys, I am not sure i agree this time. While your points are valid, The NRA uses its vast resources to defend our 2nd amendment rights.. As a regular supporter, as well as a lifetime member, I personally do not want them to spend time and resources on other areas of concern. by getting involved in other areas of our current mess, time and money will be pulled away from the NRA's primary goal of defending our 2nd. amendment rights. Maybe the ACLU , or other groups that dedicate their time on these areas should be pulling their own weight. No offense but lets keep our NRA, and like orginizations focused on their primary goal of insuring the protection of our right to bear arms, freely without unnessecary restrictions.. Just my .02 woth.
  4. dge479

dge479 New Member

I would rather the NRA just focuses on gun owner rights.

As for the ACLU, they are more in line to make sure every commie gets his her day in court, but I would not wait for help from them