I knew it....

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by momo, Oct 14, 2009.

1. momo

momo Former Guest

Interesting....... Poverty in Our Cities.
    City, State, % of People Below the Poverty Level

1. Detroit , MI
    32.5%

2. Buffalo , NY
    29.9%

3. Cincinnati , OH
    27.8%

4. Cleveland , OH
    27.0%

5. Miami , FL
    26.9%

5. St. Louis , MO
    26.8%

7. El Paso , TX
    26.4%

8. Milwaukee , WI
    26.2%

9. Philadelphia , PA =0 A
    25.1%

10. Newark , NJ
    24.2%

U.S. Census Bureau, 2006 American Community Survey, August 2007
    What do the top ten cities (over 250,000) with the highest poverty rate all have in common?

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn't elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati , OH (3rd)...since 1984;

Cleveland , OH (4th)...since 1989;

Miami , FL (5th) has never had a Republican mayor;

St. Louis , MO (6th)....since 1949;

El Paso , TX (7th) has never had a Republican mayor;

Milwaukee , WI (8th)...since 1908;

Philadelphia , PA (9th)...since 1952;

Newark , NJ (10th)...since 1907.

Einstein once said, 'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over agai n and expecting different results.'

It is the poor who habitually elect Democrats---yet they are still
    POOR

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves."
    Abraham Lincoln

..................and Mr. Obama, you are no Abe Lincoln
  2. 45nut

45nut Active Member

AMEN!!!!!!!!!
  3. red14

red14 Active Member

Momo,
    you get My 'blue star award', for best post, since I've been on this forum!
  4. walien

walien Former Guest

Well, it's not like someone with a poor education is going to get a job as a rocket scientist just because they voted for someone. There are plenty of poor people who vote for Republicans. They're just more likely to live in rural settings.

By the way, the rich have it better in this country than any other first world democracy. I wouldn't spend too much time pitying them.
  5. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe that Chicago didn't make the list. I wasn't aware welfare paid that much!
  6. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

Care to back this up with a source?
  7. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

no reason to get a job of any sort if you can hold out your hand and have the gov't hand it to you, hell you dont even have to be a damn citizen to receive hand outs. so with the gov't handing out money and our urban youth slinging drugs on the street corner making extra coin to buy bling, gold teeth and dubs for their ride whats the point in bettering ones self. oh and we the tax payers should what ??? shut up because they haven't had the same breaks as someone else ?????:mad:
  8. Mrs. DCD

Mrs. DCD New Member

On a beautiful little farm high up on a hill.
    You drive across this great country, and from the smallest Burg to the largest of our cities are the best substitute for a school you can find. Some are no more than trailors while others are the most magnificent buildings you will ever see! Inside the greatest thinkers have been brought together for all, regardless of race, age, economic status, etc. . I spent much of my youth with my nose burried in a good book. Free knowledge, and all should take advantage of it! It is your responsabillity to better yourself, not the governments.
  9. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

In the early 90's I worked with the poor and homeless. At that time, a Women with 4 children could pull down $32k per year in welfare, Sect 8 housing, food-stamps and many other freebies if you know how to get them and have the stomach for it. They also have many sources of undocumented income. Some of these people have a MA in public welfare assistance and can work the system like locusts in a wheat field. There are many people who genuinely need assistance for a time and some for the rest of their life. Those people , about 20-30% of my caseload turned my stomach but I was required to help them just like people who really needed help. The bad thing about this is they diluted the resources available for the truly needy. Wonder how well welfare pays today.:mad:
  10. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Ya think Acorn has helped with the elections in the past 10-15 years? The reason they keep voting for a lib is so they won't have to get a job. The statistics are generated from reported income not from the underground economy.
  11. momo

momo Former Guest

Momo,
    you get My 'blue star award', for best post, since I've been on this forum!

Could you just send me money instead?:D:D:D
  12. red14

red14 Active Member

Wow, you are smart, and funny!!:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D
  13. momo

momo Former Guest

My wife would tend to disagree with both your assertions, especially the former!:rolleyes:
  14. red14

red14 Active Member

At least your wife talks to you.;) Rodney Dangerfield got more respect than I do.:rolleyes:
  15. momo

momo Former Guest

She talks to me in sign language, an outstretched middle finger most of the time!:D:D:D
  16. red14

red14 Active Member

AAAhhhh! The Balkan peace sign.

She once told me to kiss her A$#, then reconsidered and said, ah nevermind.;)
  17. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

the good old Hawaiian Good Luck Sign:D:D
  18. momo

momo Former Guest

Mine told me to kiss her a$$, I told her mark the spot you're all a$$, not the smartest thing I ever said.:rolleyes:
  19. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Why is it we all marry women so much smarter than us? It's been 39 years and I can't believe how dumb I've gotten.
  20. red14

red14 Active Member

See, the problem is not they are smarter. They remember ALL of our mistakes or indescressions, er endisreetions, er, screw ups. :rolleyes:

We were watching Oprah. They were talking about 'feelings'. ;) The Doc said you should talk about sexual stuff to promote intimacy. He said to talk about orgasms. I asked my wife how come she never talked about her orgasms. She said I was never there.;):(