I know Ruger is a BUSY Arms maker,

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by Zane71464, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

...but I'm a BUSY shooter and have been a good Ruger customer.
    I had boght a new Ruger Single Ten this past fall and in March of this year, the Pawl was "shot" as in wore down like VERY cheap metal.

I took the Revolver along with a description as to the problem and mailed it back to them, right after calling them first.
    Not Ruger's problem, but the GS had sent it to the Arizona plant and it had to be sent to the NH. facility...longer wait. Anyhow,

I get the Single Ten back and with it, came the repair sheet. It had been FIXED, till I looked at the Pawl...had NOT been touched! Upon looking at the Pawl, the cylinder spun both ways.

I called Ruger back and explianed what was up. They sent me a UPS lable to my email to print out and send it back again, for another chance to fix it.

This time, I sent them a letter telling them in a very nice way, that I was a bit let down from thier service the first go around.

Well, two weeks after sending the .22 back to them, I got it back and the Pawl HAD finally been replaced. Not a word of an apology or anything, other than the gun WAS fixed.:rolleyes:

Do I expect more than the revolver being fixed right? Not really, but a letter or something saying, "we are sorry for the inconvenience" would have made my opinion of Ruger's customer service a bit better!

I know they are very BUSY, but so AM I! :(
  2. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's a bummer but I guess it's the world we live in today. I hope your gun shoots good.
  3. Zane71464

So far with 500 rounds through it, it's holding up like it should!
    (da fingers crossed)
  4. Tmergen24

Tmergen24 New Member

I would love to live in a world where customer service is #1 but that won't happen
  5. Zane71464

Other arms makers have a bit better cusomer service...(Henry for one), and the next time I'm looking at a new firearm to buy and it happens to be made by Ruger, I will
    second think it out.
    I have owned "several" and still do and alot of my $'s has gone to Ruger. If they are so busy they can't acknowledge thier customers a bit better, they need not re-organize thier
    facilities, but evaluate their staff/employed people a bit better, IMO.

How could they send a firearm back with a packing list of "replaced parts" and have not touched the part(s) at all...too busy or just bad customer service?
    I would guess, shoddy all away around.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  6. ozo

ozo Active Member

You have to call them and ask for an apology......:rolleyes:
    You know this is the 21st century......:D

{not to take their side.......when the gun gets to them, in shipping/receiving,
    they log it and give it to repair, who, when finished with the repair,
    repair gives it to shipping, who sends it to you.....
    customer service is only involved if you call them....}
    The repair person is not gonna write you a note....which is sad.
    As long as they fixed it.........
  7. Zane71464

I totally understand ozo and know how they work. (the process)
    I think it's just a shame that on the fist "fix" that the persom that had "checked" on the paperwork/repair sheet, that, that person said he or she had replaced the Pawl when in fact, the didnt and sent it back to me as "problem fixed".

After the first time, I called Ruger and told customer service what they had not done and asked if they had gotten my letter describing the problem and the awswer was yes.

I got nothing as an expression of...maybe, "oh, we are sorry about that, our bad", but OK....we'll send you a lable via email so that you can send it back for our repair dept. to have "another" look at it".

I'm nbot looking for their apology, just disappointed that the person who said they fixed the problem the first time around and in fact, I dont think he/she even looked at the Pawl...it was clearly sheared and to send it back as fixed.
    Maybe my expectations where a bit high and was thinking they could have held the revolver and seen that the cylinder spun both ways (clockwise and counter clockwise) and would surely have seen there was a problem that they might check into?
  8. ozo

ozo Active Member

Zane....it sucks Buddy !!
    I'm with you.....
    3 times for me in the last year....with 3 different mfg's...
    At least S&W fixed it right the first time.
    Still, no explanation, other than a parts 'numbers' list.....wtf ?
    I hold Bill Ruger right up there with Sam Colt......
    but they don't run the show anymore.....and the ones that do
    surely don't have the same 'customer agenda'.
    [i know YOU know how it works-that was for others that come along and read that may not]

"You have to call them and ask for an apology......
    You know this is the 21st century......"--ozo
    ^^^^...This was supposed to be funny......^^^^..........
  9. Zane71464

10. whip

whip New Member

Its unfortunate but at least they fixed it. I had a nightmare with Remington service 3 years ago and even though I have always been a fan of Remington rifles and shotguns I doubt I will buy another after my last experience. The best service I ever got was from Leupold on a 20+ year old scope that needed repaired. They were fantastic.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  11. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Just goes to show why we should all buy stuff made in China, or Vietnam, or India, or Turkey, or Croatia, or Russia, or Brazil, or anywhere but the U.S. That way we can return the product to China, Vietnam, India, etc. and never see it again, saving a lot of heartburn.

Jim