I know we've been here before, but...........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by artabr, Feb 23, 2009.

1. artabr

artabr New Member

this is the first time to my knowledge that a sitting senator has asked the question.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=89704

Senator questions Obama eligibility
    Shelby: 'They said he was born in Hawaii, but I haven't seen any birth certificate'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: February 22, 2009
    6:50 pm Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON – A U.S. senator has weighed in on the continuing controversy over Barack Obama's eligibility for office by saying he has never seen proof the new president was actually born in Hawaii.

"Well, his father was Kenyan and they said he was born in Hawaii, but I haven't seen any birth certificate," Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala., told constituents in Cullman County. "You have to be born in America to be president."

Where's the proof Barack Obama was born in the U.S. or that he fulfills the "natural-born American" clause in the Constitution? If you still want to see it, join more than 250,000 others and sign up now!

WND has reported on multiple legal challenges to Obama's status as a "natural born citizen." The Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, states, "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President."

Some question whether he was actually born in Hawaii, as he insists. If he was born out of the country, Obama's American mother, the suits contend, was too young at the time of his birth to confer American citizenship to her son under the law at the time.

Other challenges have focused on Obama's citizenship through his father, a Kenyan subject to the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom at the time of his birth, thus making him a dual citizen. The cases contend the framers of the Constitution excluded dual citizens from qualifying as natural born.

Here is a partial listing and status update for some of the cases over Obama's eligibility:

New Jersey attorney Mario Apuzzo has filed a case on behalf of Charles Kerchner and others alleging Congress didn't properly ascertain that Obama is qualified to hold the office of president.

Philip J. Berg, a Pennsylvania Democrat, demanded that the courts verify Obama's original birth certificate and other documents proving his American citizenship. Berg's latest appeal, requesting an injunction to stop the Electoral College from selecting the 44th president, was denied.

Leo Donofrio of New Jersey filed a lawsuit claiming Obama's dual citizenship disqualified him from serving as president. His case was considered in conference by the U.S. Supreme Court but denied a full hearing.

Cort Wrotnowski filed suit against Connecticut's secretary of state, making a similar argument to Donofrio. His case was considered in conference by the U.S. Supreme Court, but was denied a full hearing.

Former presidential candidate Alan Keyes headlines a list of people filing a suit in California, in a case handled by the United States Justice Foundation, that asks the secretary of state to refuse to allow the state's 55 Electoral College votes to be cast in the 2008 presidential election until Obama verifies his eligibility to hold the office. The case is pending, and lawyers are seeking the public's support.

Chicago attorney Andy Martin sought legal action requiring Hawaii Gov. Linda Lingle to release Obama's vital statistics record. The case was dismissed by Hawaii Circuit Court Judge Bert Ayabe.

Lt. Col. Donald Sullivan sought a temporary restraining order to stop the Electoral College vote in North Carolina until Barack Obama's eligibility could be confirmed, alleging doubt about Obama's citizenship. His case was denied.

In Ohio, David M. Neal sued to force the secretary of state to request documents from the Federal Elections Commission, the Democratic National Committee, the Ohio Democratic Party and Obama to show the presidential candidate was born in Hawaii. The case was denied.

In Washington state, Steven Marquis sued the secretary of state seeking a determination on Obama's citizenship. The case was denied.

In Georgia, Rev. Tom Terry asked the state Supreme Court to authenticate Obama's birth certificate. His request for an injunction against Georgia's secretary of state was denied by Georgia Superior Court Judge Jerry W. Baxter.

California attorney Orly Taitz has brought a case, Lightfoot vs. Bowen, on behalf of Gail Lightfoot, the vice presidential candidate on the ballot with Ron Paul, four electors and two registered voters.
    In addition, other cases cited on the RightSideofLife blog as raising questions about Obama's eligibility include:

In Texas, Darrel Hunter vs. Obama later was dismissed.

In Ohio, Gordon Stamper vs. U.S. later was dismissed.

In Texas, Brockhausen vs. Andrade.

In Washington, L. Charles vs. Obama.

In Hawaii, Keyes vs. Lingle, dismissed.
    WND senior reporter Jerome Corsi had gone to both Kenya and Hawaii prior to the election to investigate issues surrounding Obama's birth. But his research and discoveries only raised more questions.

The governor's office in Hawaii said there is a valid certificate but rejected requests for access and left ambiguous its origin: Does the certificate on file with the Department of Health indicate a Hawaii birth or was it generated after the Obama family registered a Kenyan birth in Hawaii, which the state's procedures allowed at the time?

Art
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I honestly don't believe that this nation of ours is a Rule of Law Nation anymore. I wish more Senators would speak up about this subject!

mike
    gn
  3. GojuBrian

GojuBrian Former Guest

Why would OB's momma fly here to American soil just to have her baby? She was openly anti-american. Makes no sense. Anyone wanting to be president or hold any political office for that matter, should have to PROVE their citizenship BEFORE running for election.
  4. noslolo

noslolo New Member

If it sounds, looks, and feels like a cover up? Why doesn't the President prove his citizenship?
  5. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

+1 I agree. All over this country every day people have to produce their birth certificate....for employment, drivers licenses, getting a social security card, joining the military, attending school. etc...and yet the man elected to the most important job in the country never had to prove he was a citizen???
  6. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    I am confused, if you have to be a citizen born in this country to hold the office of President and you have to show proof of that citizenship, then why has this gone on as long as it has.

Someone explain to me how he was able to run for the office, if in fact he had to prove he was a citizen before he would be allowed to run.

I can't believe that he has thumbed his nose at the whole process and has been allowed to do so and no one put him in check.

I know little to nothing about politics but i think i know enough to know(or maybe not)
    if obama was not at the time and is still not a citizen of this country then how did he become the president. Something is just not adding up
  7. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

It's like everyone, democrat and republican is in on some kind of conspiracy to make sure Obama is president. Otherwise why wouldn't the republicans at least confirm that this guy is eligible. Of course with the money and power that he has behind him I imagine you can create just about any kind of document you want.

I don't know, this insane and obscene bailout, the coming gun ban, every one of the first ten amendments being trampled on, and no proof of obamas eligibility to be president...we have truly lost this country. We've been beaten by the enemy within.