I like craigslist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 68c15, Jul 4, 2012.

1. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

especially after monday night's deal. I saw a guy locally had a post looking for a paddle boat so he could get into skinny water for channel cats. he was willing to deal. I had a paddle boat I bought 2 years ago on CL for $40 and haven't used it in over a year. it was just in my way against the side of my garage so I called him. after a few texts and calls he came to get it. it met his needs and was in good condition so he brought out his trade offer. a remington 870 12g 28" mag (3" chamber). his wife bought it for him a year ago and he only shot it 4 times before deciding he didn't want a shotgun. basically a brand new one with wood, just like my oldest boy wanted. now my boy has his very own 12g to go hunting with me this fall and/or busting clays this summer.
    should I feel guilty or let it go since he offered?
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

If he likes it you should love it.. Plus it was his idea. I can see it from both sides. as an avid shooter and gun lover you got well over your investemnts worth in the shotgun, but as an avid fisherman, and cats being one of my favorite species to catch and eat, that paddle boat is worth its weight in gold to him. All in all a great deal for both.. IMO..
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Trades happen all the time. As long as both parties are happy, thats all that matters.
  4. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Well, he got what he wanted, and you got what you wanted, so overall it's a good deal for both of you. You should never feel bad when you make a trade and you feel like you got the better deal, as long as everyone is happy.

I'm sure you have heard of the guy that started with a paper clip, and kept trading up untill he got something much bigger like a house or something.
  5. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That is a great deal 68". I agree that both got what they were looking for and you sure made out on your end. Cool trade.:thumbsup:
  6. oneoldsap

oneoldsap New Member

This is exactly how trades are supposed to work , two happy parties !
  7. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

have you tried pennswood.net?
  8. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

You were not out to trick him, I'd take it. I look at it this way, it might even out a bit when you don't get such a good deal. :dontknow:
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I actually like the guys way of thinkin. A paddle boat is flippin genious for backwater creeks and tributaries where the big cats tend to lay during the day. They dont tread much water and dont require gas or batteries to work. and the best bart is they leave you hands free while youre paddling. Its actually kinda genious from a fishermans standpoint anyway..
  10. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

You didn't pull the wool. The man new what he was doing.
  11. geds

geds New Member

The best deal is a win-win for everyone involved. Yours was just such a deal. Congrats!
  12. 1LoneWolf75

1LoneWolf75 Member

HE pulled out his trade. I'd of jumped on it havin more use fer the shotgun. Dpn't worry bout it as y'all are both happy with the trade. If you are that worried bout it I could use a new 12:D
  13. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

and I could use a Ruger M77 .30-06;)
  14. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

68c15 if he's happy and your happy , leave it there ..

i wheel and deal , its my living sort of , and i deal with the same folks over and over so i gotta leave them happy and myself too , the fact theres a profit is natural , there always is , both perceived and nominal , its the perveived one that counts as that in the heart

wallets screw things like that

so drop it , next deal you may be on the other side but as long as your happy with what you get , why worry ??

enjoy ;)

your young fella too :) :)
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  15. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

you all are putting my mind at ease but JLA takes the cake.