The Firearms Forum banner

I love some 357 magnum range time!

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Jesse17 
#1 ·
First up is my S&W 8 shot 627 Performance Center model. I was shooting pretty rapidly with 357 magnum Federal 158 grain SJSP hunting loads at 14 yards. This gun is almost like cheating with the awesome trigger it has on it!

VIDEO: 357 Mag S&W m627-5

Next up is my model 649-3. Now, I am not the greatest with a snubbie but this is at 14 yards with 357 Magnum Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel 135 Grain JHP. I find this load perfect for a snubbie 357 with the power range right between a 38SPL+P and a full 357 magnum load. It clocks out of a 2" barrel at just about 1000fps with a 135 grain load with minimal flash and its easily controlled.

VIDEO: 357 Mag S&W m649-3

See less See more
#2 ·
I like them both but I love the 627....

#5 ·
Mesinge2 i am a revolver man and i make no bones about it. I am with JLA both look like nice. I love hunting guns the 627 either for sport shooting or primary firearm on game as large as whitetale will very nicely fit the job. I have shot a performence S&W befor in 500 magnum and wow the way the revolvers and auto loaders come from that shop well lets just say it in one word. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.