I made a $1200 mistake today

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Bertgamble2001, Mar 7, 2011.

1. ozo

ozo Active Member

AmLead... it's more than a symbol to me.....
    but I see you know that.
    Anytime, I will give you my utmost.
  2. ozo

ozo Active Member

Bert, while you're gone, think about this.....
    as time goes on, you may need to stash a gun somewhere else in your home.
    Can't do that with only one !
  3. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

I agree, almost every weapon I have ever sold I have regretted selling. I have two XDms one in 45 and one in 9 and they've been great but their not 1911s; and I have 8 of them.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  4. glemon

glemon New Member

Take the advise from here dont sell! I have a XDM-H&K HK45-Kimber grand raptor to name a few love them all each for its own reason . Save your money, take your time and buy another and another and another. IMHO.
  5. Bertgamble2001

Bertgamble2001 New Member

Just got in from the long flight. I am in Angola to answer Cutter's post. Hot and humid with lots of bugs. This is only my 3rd rotation here and it takes some getting used to. The money and time off are great, so I guess I'll keep doing it.

Thinking of having the XD in another part of the house is a pretty good idea. I hadn't thought of that. Wife won't mind as long as i have a safe for it. Might just end up keeping it.

Before I left, I was able to find a gunstore that had a Custom CDP II in stock. It was there becasue the guy who ordered it failed his background check a few minutes before I called. I had them hold it till I could get there and pay. Everyone else said it would be a 4-6 month wait, so I got lucky.

They agreed to hold off sending the DROS background check in until the 1st of April so I can be sure to be back in time to make the pick up window. Even if I get held up here for an extra week, I am still good. California makes you do another DROS if you don't pick up the gun within 30 days of applying.

I'm glad to see that this site isn't banned by my company's internet police. I kind of thought it would be.
  6. Tip12095

Tip12095 New Member

I just recently bought a Kimber Pro Covert II last month and it fires true. I absolutely love it.