1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

I may need to buy a website!! Wonder what they cost to run?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by woodsrunner, Jan 10, 2005.

1. woodsrunner

woodsrunner New Member

Well, here I sit bored out of my tree. Waiting for my laundry to finish For a while both GB and TFF are down. It's been a while since I stuck my names in a search engine. So I plug "woodsrunner" into Altavista's search engine and this comes up!!

http://churimengro.tripod.com/

What's cool is I automaticly log in as "thewoodsrunner". That means it's somehow connected to the chat room here. Somebody has done a really nice job of designing me a website!! It appears to be fairly inactive. It makes me wonder what a site like that would cost to buy and run.

I think that's really neat!
  2. JamesRK

JamesRK New Member

Woodsey, most healthy folks with good sense are asleep. I went over to gunboards.com and confused the hell out of them. I asked if any of them knew anything about it. Got 16 lookers, but nobody ventured a reply. When TFF came back up, I Edited my post and made the confusion even worse, then came back over here. Guess I should go back over and delete my post.

Sorry I’m not smart enough to know what you explained about the circle you went through. There used to be some free web hosts. Think they are mostly gone now.
  3. woodsrunner

woodsrunner New Member

I just figured out how I logged in there. It's YaHoo based and I use "thewoodsrunner" as my yahoo name.

Kinda cool to have a website call out to you by name though!
  4. sheepdip

sheepdip New Member

Nice site, did you check out the Knives
  5. dongizmo

dongizmo New Member

You log in automaticly because they use "ez-board" for thier forum, it must us the same cookie as tff's live chat.
    Don
  6. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

7. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

8. Mother Margaret

Mother Margaret Former Guest

your own internet server may do so

You could probably find one you like for less than $20 per month if you are wanting a large website

BUT if you only need 5 MB or so, there is probably a service offerred by the same co you access the internet with. They charged me $50 to give the space (their part of the work) and after that it was free.

What is really neat is that there is a Front Page program with it, most likely, and you can learn to do you own web publishing without buying a program separate

Go for it!