I met Sean, Mark and Oliver!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lori Mick, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

I met Sean, Mark and Oliver! with some pics too!

I went to the Freedom concert yesterday in New Jersey! Had a blast! And I met Mark, Sean and Oliver North at the book signing event. I begged Mark to write my name in the book and he said he couldn't....so I pouted...and he looked me in the eye.. and said, "How about a truce... Hi Lori, it's nice to meet you!"
    hahaha
    then I stopped Sean for an autograph...he was a nice guy.... and Oliver North....wow!

the show was fun too.... lots of Great Americans! Vets! And Soldiers!

Very cool!

And it's always great to see so many people who think like all of us!

very encouraging!

:)
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  2. artabr

artabr New Member

Cool!! It sounds like y'all had a blast. It must have been a lot of fun. :)

Art
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Oh man that is great, ya have any pictures?
  4. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

Yep! got lots of pictures! Here's a couple of them! Ollies blurred out though.....bummer....but he autographed his Heros book for me!

Oh! and Curtis Sliwa was there too....here he is with the nice lady who I met in the line. She was a lot of laughs.

Attached Files:

5. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

and here's some shots from the show....I was trying out my new camera with a super zoom but the stage lights screwed up some shots....I gotta work on the shutter speed or something.... :)

Attached Files:

6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Lori, what camera are you using? And, what long lens?

Pops
  7. big steve

big steve New Member

That looks like you had a lot of fun!!!!!
  8. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

Hi Pops
    It's a Sony Cybershot DSC-HX1 with a 20X zoom and some wierd button that does a hyper zoom setting that goes to 40X. This was the first time I tried it and I'm impressed. I also took some video with it and got Sean singing the Devil went down to Georgia and the stereo sound even from my distance from the stage came out pretty good.
    I'm going to have fun with that camera when I go on vacation! :)

And Yes! It was a really fun time!
  9. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I'm not familiar with the Sony, but it sounds pretty standard. Should be a good one for you.

Keep in mind that the physical zoom is mechanical and the additional zoom is electronic. That means that the wuality of your pictures will degrade as you pass the 20x and start going into the additional 40x. There is a technical reason for that, but knowing it won't chamge the quality of your pictures. Just don't use that extra xoom for closeups and you will be fine.

Pops
  10. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

I was playing with it all night....and the shots of Sean, Mark and Oliver, Charlie Daniels were all taken with the hyper zoom....the only one that I messed up was Oliver's as I didn't wait for the green light.

I was sitting way up on the top seat and I thought it did pretty good even with the stage lights that tend to distort pictures! And yes, you're right, it's a good camera for me.... it's all automatic unless I want to do it at different shutter speeds....or play around with the other settings.... :D
    so far.... I like it! :D
  11. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

"Like it" is a very important technical aspect of any camera. Probably the strongest technicoloical improvement any camera has. :D

For the type pictures you took at the concert, the uber-zoom witll do fine. If you use it to take a full-frame picture of a dandelion, or George sitting on top of Mt Whitney, you will be disapointed. Use the screen display and take some pictures with the different zoon settings, put them up on your big screen computer and look at the difference. You will find when you want to use that zoom and when not. Sometimes, the uber-zoom will look just fine, until you want to turn that shot into an 8x10 or larger. That is what you will learn by burning lots of electrons (cheaper than burning lots of film. ;) )

Pops
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009
  12. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

Thank you Pops! I love to learn! And I'll let you know how I do. Actually I bought it for this season's football games as my son said that my old camera didn't zoom in enough. But I've got some more concerts to go to this coming week so I'm going to keep playing with it. :D I really appreciate your advice! Hugs to you!
  13. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Great pictures, love that Charlie Daniels. Looks like you had a blast.