I missed the good ones.

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Silver72, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

The ROTC officer of a small local college walked into a gun shop with 10 .45s being released from use last thursday. He put them on cosignment sale, (Wonder if he had proper records). A friend told me about it late saturday. Said he picked up a 1943 Remington Rand in a "military box" that appeared unfired. I went first thing this morning and only two were left. One was an Ithaca frame with a Remington Rand slide, so heavily re parkerized it was sad. The other was an all correct Ithaca, including the R marked mag, that had been buffed until it looked stainless. $795+ each. The guy I talked to said the good clean ones went fast. I'm sure the shop owner called his collector friends, or maybe took them himself. Jack just happened to be there when they came in.

I had no idea that any were issued to ROTC, much less still in thier armory. I wonder if the officer that brought them in will just pocket the money, all records lost.
  2. merc

merc New Member

The shop owners always have 1st dibs, But I doubt if they can always scoop up ALL the good ones. They woulod be broke real fast. But I think your right about calling their friends, relatives and best customers before letting the general smucks like me and you get 'em.
    We have to settle for the ones they don't want at ridicules prices.
    And yet..... I am happy with that
  3. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

Yep, I know what you mean. I've been very fortunant so far this year. Bought 4, sold one.